PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Exhaust

bad350
09-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I Just Put A Dg Krome Power Exhaust On My 350x. The Headpipe Is Discoloring Which I Knew It Would, Is There Anything To Bring The Shine Back? Thanks

Vealmonkey
09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
There are a couple products. Blue away being one and I don't remember the name of the others. A place that sells harley parts is a good place to find the "blue remover" type products. The problem is though, between the heat and if your trike is burning oil, the metal of the inside of the exhaust is porous, meaning it has microscopice holes in it and the exhaust gases and whatever else they contain leach into the metal and through the nickel plating and discolor the chrome. The only real way to stop it is to coat the inside of the exhaust. You can either have it jet hot coated or you can get an exhaust coating that has to be baked in an over to cure, like a ceramic coating. That damn near keeps your pipes from bluing and about half the time even from yellowing unless you have a really bad tune up, your burning alot of oil or you have alot of excess (unburnt) gasoline in your exhaust.

bad350
09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Not Burning Any Oil At All, The Head Pipe Turned Yellow After I Ran It Up The Road Thanks Though I'm Gonna Go To The Harley Shop Tomorrow And See What They Have

Tri-Z Pilot
09-29-2008, 10:34 PM
i spray high temp paint on the inside of my headers to keep them from discoloring. white seems to work the best.