PDA

View Full Version : 1984 atc200s rear racks

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey guys.. I have been looking everywhere for a set of rear racks and tire chains for my 200s. I dont think they ever came with them, but i need some help where to start looking. I modified a front snowmobile rack for the front, and it looks good..Tried to get a pic of that, but my camera sucks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

oscarmayer
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
the rack i have seen on ebay. also i beleive you can mod the 200e/es rear rack to fit the 200s.

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Cant find one for under a hundred bucks on fleabay..shipping and everything. Oh well..

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 02:26 PM
here are a couple pics of the sled rack i put on front. I hose clamped it onto the very heavy duty headlight grill holders on top, 2 u bolts on bottom. . It is very sturdy. thats a trick of the light looking like my tank is dented.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/drkilldrmz/3wheeler003.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/drkilldrmz/3wheeler002.jpg

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Hate to ask 2 questions in the same thread, but i just went out to blaze a small trail out back and noticed that when im taking off, the wheeler jerks and seems to catch a bit. Also makes a small grind occasionally when slowly taking a corner. Nothing noticable at moderate speeds. Any thoughts?.. Chain or sprocket?

1984ATC200S
09-28-2008, 04:28 PM
If u got a welder u can pretty much make rear rack work , mine had 2 holes cut into the fenders just beside the seat , i welded a bolt to a pice of angel and used the bolt in the fender support to hold it. Then mount off the grab bar , i think the rack i ,had was made for a 250SX with the quick mounts, but you can make anything work, if it stops raining ill get a pic of mine.
probably your chain case or your front sprocket is worn out , or your clutch could be out of adjustment. By the way nice S

oldtime3wheeler
09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I had a rear rack on my '85 200s. It clamped to the grab bar and went through two holes drilled in the plastic that mounted to the frame. I also had a hondaline front rack for it. The guy who bought lives 3 houses down from me. I can see if he wants to sell them. I put newer rear fenders on that didnt have a mark on them. So the rack to my knowledge are still sitting there. Let me know.

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks man.. Chain case? It has a small gap in the bottom of it. do they wear out? I do have the manual to it, but i have soooo many projects going, i think i would rather pay someone to go over it for me. I really cant believe how well it runs. I about pull my shoulder out on the first pull, so im assuming compression is good. Things it needs are tube in one rear tire, whatever is causing the grind..Sprocket sounds reasonable, and front brake has no adjustment left and doesn't work. I hate to pay a mechanic for tis stuff.. But im getting older, and i need a dependable ice fishing wheeler..With a bit of work, i think this will do fine.

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 04:53 PM
oldtime3wheeler.... PM Sent. Thanks.

1984ATC200S
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
The chain case does wear though on the bottom but if your chain is lose it rubs bad, i took mine off and built a better skid for it, i ride in an area with a lot of rocks. If your teeth on your front sprocket are twisted it tends to grind a bit, if its the clutch there tends to be a lag in between shifts were it sorta bogs out, in the original owners Manuel it explanes how to adjust it. But i find a big difference but getting rid of the chain case soo much easier to see whats going on. And its very hard to kill these bikes.

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
You can take the chain case off entirely? Would seem that the adjustments would be easier, but what about the mud? doesn't it climb in there around the skid plate?

1984ATC200S
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
I had to make 2 cuts in the back of mine to get the back part off, and if u still have adjustment in your chain yes, but i can get more run out of a chain with out it. The mud cant be any worse than the chain dragging on the case. I would leave it on thought ,but my last trip out with it on i split it right open after i hit a rock :crazy:

drkilldrmz
09-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Seems you cant check chain tension thru the lube hole in it..So i cant tell if it needs to be snugged up. If i have to change a sprocket or chain, i figure it wont hurt it any to drive it until it gets bad..She goes like a raped ape as is. It may need the valves adjusted just because it hasnt been done, and not because i feel anything weird..What should a mechanic charge for that job?

1984ATC200S
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah if your replacing the chain runer anyways, and they do fly my dad always claimed 65mph back when it was new, now i can get a good 55 out of her.

WaimakRydah
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Here are some pics of my 200S with its rack set up. It clamps on to the grab bar and has supports at the footpegs. It also has rod holders and plywood bolted to it. I dont know how it was made as it had it before I bought it.

POS 250sx
09-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Tire chains should be EZ to find, go to Tractor supply and tell um you need chains for whatever size tire. In their catalog i remember them having bunches of them for different mowers and considering some for my SX during the winter :D

drkilldrmz
09-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Here are some pics of my 200S with its rack set up. It clamps on to the grab bar and has supports at the footpegs. It also has rod holders and plywood bolted to it. I dont know how it was made as it had it before I bought it.

That's a funky setup man..I like the rod holders though. Im still looking.