PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell if my T3 rad shrouds are OEM or Meier?

Hoosier_Daddy
09-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Do the Meier shrouds have Meier stamped in them or something?

DeePa
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
maier plastics just dont look right half the time haha

Hoosier_Daddy
09-24-2008, 07:44 PM
maier plastics just dont look right half the time haha
haha. I just got some shrouds with a deal i made on another site. I was just wondering how to tell if they are OEM. I think they are, but i don't know how to tell for sure.

250rulzes
09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
The color and fit?

Hoosier_Daddy
09-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Do the Meier's look exactly the same? The Meier fenders are quite different from OEM and I was wondering if the shrouds were the same way. Can you tell the difference besides the way they fit? I don't have a gas tank yet so I can't tell by the fit. I can post a picture if it helps.

Hoosier_Daddy
09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Here is a picture if it helps.

DeePa
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
look oem to me

Hoosier_Daddy
09-25-2008, 11:28 AM
look oem to meCool, thanks for your help.

NINJA
09-25-2008, 01:42 PM
look oem to me

I second that. Compared to OEM plastic Maier looks like it has down syndrome.

alexandros
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Must see one picture from the inside to tell you if they are oem or Meier.
The meier are a little different from the inside side.
By the way, how much did you pay for them?
If you dont like to tell send a PM
They are very rare lately

brrcuda
09-25-2008, 05:04 PM
oems have kawi part numbers........ on inside

Hoosier_Daddy
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM
They do have part numbers inside. Here is a pic from the inside.

I bought some forks off somebody and he threw in triples, front fender, and radiator shrouds for free. Very generous of him. He did it because he moved away from 3 wheelers and into T4 and newer 4 wheelers. He said he tore down the T3 in 87 or 88 and these parts have been stored since. The fender still has the registration on it from 1987. I have been fortunate to run into some really nice people who have helped me out with stuff like this. I blows my mind how great some of these trike people are out there.

scooterroo
09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
definately oem, the two tabs in the middle by the middle bolt hole is different then maier scoops, they dont have them tabs. plus the lines are crisp and clean, unlike maiers where you could hardly see them lines.

Hoosier_Daddy
09-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Cool. I'm glad they are OEM. Now I need to get a Tank, an engine and a couple odds and ends. lol

tobys 2 strokes
09-26-2008, 12:45 AM
The guy you bought these from wrenched for team green when they were running trikes and has taken many tecates out of thier crates. you wont find a more knowledgable guy. he is also the one to go to for any high perfomance tecate parts and builds.

Rockhound motorsports has most of a 2nd gen T3 bottem end left what Joef7 didnt get off of me.

alexandros
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
definately oem, the two tabs in the middle by the middle bolt hole is different then maier scoops, they dont have them tabs. plus the lines are crisp and clean, unlike maiers where you could hardly see them lines.

I agree they are 100% oem. You are very very lucky:)

Hoosier_Daddy
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree they are 100% oem. You are very very lucky:)
Yes, I got really lucky.

I'll tell you, I have collected toys, comics, football cards for years and everybody involved in that is always out to squeeze the most out of people. You'll never find a deal with those people. I was always one who gave people good deals and helped people out when times were better for me. Now, I'm going through rough times myself and I got back into three wheelers and there are so many people out there that are willing to help me out. It's refreshing to see it. I'd like to think that good karma is coming back at me for the way I helped others over the years. It's just so great to see people who are so willing to help others out with such good deals. Once I get back on my feet and finances are better, I will definitely turn this around and help others at any oppertunity I can. Being helpful is contagious and I will do my part to pass it on.

Hoosier_Daddy
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
The guy you bought these from wrenched for team green when they were running trikes and has taken many tecates out of thier crates. you wont find a more knowledgable guy. he is also the one to go to for any high perfomance tecate parts and builds.

Yes, and he's a heck of a good guy too.

3Razors
09-28-2008, 12:49 PM
When did Maier make the Tecate shrouds? Are the ones Hornetpowersport sells made by Maier?

I would say yes, but I believe Hornetpowersports owns the rights to them.