PDA

View Full Version : 84 200S Help...decompression and carb

350Kris
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
My 84 200S is near completion. :) I'm just having trouble with 2 things....

The recoil decompression set-up (go figure) is not working right. Would there be anything wrong with using a an 84 Big Red 200ES decompression lever (the kind that stays in place until the valve hits it)??? I was just thinking of plugging the decompression cable hole in the recoil and be done with it.

I have a carb from an 85 200X. It is stock except for a polished slide. Will I have any problems using this? Anything I need to be aware of?

Oh -- I thought of one more thing. What are my exhaust options for this thing (other than stock)?

Thanks fellas!!!

oscarmayer
09-24-2008, 06:27 PM
decompression plug will not hurt at all. i was so worried abotu decompression on my 185s restore that i spend lots of time and extra $ getting a decompression setup and now, I'm liek well hell everoyne else was right, I don't needs it.

carb will work, you may have to do a needle adjsutment on it as it may be on the rich side. also may have to adjust the mixture screw.

polished slide to me never really proved any upgrade except it was shinny and took more to scratch it.

350Kris
09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey Bro...are you in Arlington?...I'm in North Richland Hills! Where do you ride?

I had this thing bored over and the compression will rip your arm off. I'm thinking I will go with the 84 Big Red decompression lever. I know you have to reach over and set it every time you pull the recoil, but not that big-a-deal IMO.

Yeah I agree on the slide.....I used to own a 200X that had it on previous to me.

oscarmayer
09-24-2008, 09:25 PM
^ awesome! yup i'm in arlington! we need to hook up and go riding!!!!

I live near I-20 and 287 south area.

Your like 15 min down the road from me!!!
here's my #
817-614-9596 give me a buzz! if ya want you are welcome to swing by and help me on that 125m I'm doing for that kid. Everyone's been such a BIG help!!!!!

if ya bring the trike over, I'll help ya get it tuned and dialed in so she'll pur ;)

topless
09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I used the ES decompression lever on 2 of our 200s trikes, it works great. You don't always need it, but it only takes one kick back to remind you to use it.