PDA

View Full Version : what to do? 85 200x top end

TheFamer
09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone, since i have had my machine i have put lots of time into getting it things fixed and updated.

so my current issue is my cam chain tensioners, i torn into my motor last night, got the valve cover off, got the stator cover off. just wiggling the chain i knew the tensioner was shot, so today i got the flywheel off, got both tensioner and guide out, the tensioner was flat with a small S bend, it was showing metal and basically was crap

anyways got the new ones in, and i am just ready to put it all back together, i just want some real life input from everyone here who has done this, what messed your ride up, what to do and not to.

i also have a nice 83 XR200R cam and carb, so i want to know if i can throw those in and make some more power, also how to make sure i am on TDC, i figure i can place the cdi on there and make sure it points in the right direction and check my flywheel and cam marks.

i see some cam bushing kits on ebay, would this be a good investment? make sure everythings all right? i was going to throw a new clutch kit with springs in along with a new shift star and fork to help with shifting.

Thanks