PDA

View Full Version : New to me 200M

1984ATC200S
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
i just got a 85 200M, have no clue about the bikes past, but its rough. Anyway the kid i bought it from said he ran it out of oil, it wont turn over on the rope, seized? what amount of damage did he do to it ? and what all should i look for when i open er up? Also it has 3 bolt hubs on it with gold rims but the rims have 6 holes and only 3 used for the studs, would they be off a Suzuki or what other rims would fit it? the only resaon i got it is because he only wanted to trade a PlayStation for it so now i have 2 bikes to play with :w00t:

edog
09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Take the spark plug out and put a little oil in there for awhile.The try to pull it over.

SYKO
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Take the spark plug out and put a little oil in there for awhile.The try to pull it over.

what the dogpound said above.. except use some marvel mystery oil or pb blaster and dont be stingy about it! use alot, and let it soak for a day or two! I freed up a old 185 s motor that was locked for years... still going to this day 5 years later!

1984ATC200S
09-19-2008, 10:15 PM
sounds good ill do that in the morning and give er a try Sunday night and hope for the best:D

fabiodriven
09-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I bet you'll be
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/akangelbear/otay1mx-1.jpg

oscarmayer
09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
me, i'd probebly tear it appart and look at repalcing it, but if he ran it out of oil, then it could have damaged the bottom end/trans too. so me, i would probebly just get another running motor and use the parts off this (pull start and cdi, and such) on the new one if needed.

could also look into a lifin (sp?) motor.

carscomefirst
09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Could look like this. I'd tear it down.

WaimakRydah
09-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Let us know what results you get by putting oil down the barrel.

1984ATC200S
09-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I plan on a tear down this winter I just want to make sure it runs first, if not it will get torn into a little sooner. I do have another bottom end, as for a lifin its gonna be a beater mainly for my cousin to ride a bit next summer so no major $ going in to it. I put some MooVit penetrating oil down the cylinder this morning, nothing yet, ill giver another shot tommorow morning and see what shell do sunday night. If she dont free up ill probly tear into it monday after skool. If nothing eles my dad has claimed the CDI and coil for his big red if it dont run. As u can see it the pic its abit rough, so breaks and an engine are my main goal for it.

1984ATC200S
09-21-2008, 09:53 PM
no luck , tearing into it after i get my new skid for the S fabed up>

oscarmayer
09-21-2008, 10:06 PM
i net the bearings are fried and the piston is seezed to the cyclinder. it's probebly BAD. honestly, as cheap as a good used complete engine and trasn setup is, I'm look at a good used one.

POS 250sx
09-21-2008, 11:31 PM
i net the bearings are fried and the piston is seezed to the cyclinder. it's probebly BAD. honestly, as cheap as a good used complete engine and trasn setup is, I'm look at a good used one.

Your prolly right, little *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* prolly seized it good, and if it does run itll prolly knock like crazy. But what harm does it do to let a junk motor soak in oil? you never know, it might be ok once its got some lube in her again. After all, it is a Honda!

oscarmayer
09-22-2008, 08:52 AM
haha even a tank needs help to do it's job correctly.
you cna try it, but yea i think it's fried. i bet it would cost you way more than the $ you would sink into to to try to fix it. if nothing else, get a good sued bottom end, and build up a hot top end. then you'd be like my setup. weisco piston, cnc ported head w/cnc valve job, web stge3 cam, web springs, cometic headgasket. it's really runs awesome and has TONS of low end pulling power!!!!!!

1984ATC200S
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
if nothing else, get a good sued bottom end, and build up a hot top end. then you'd be like my setup. weisco piston, cnc ported head w/cnc valve job, web stge3 cam, web springs, cometic headgasket. it's really runs awesome and has TONS of low end pulling power!!!!!!
Yeah thats what im thinking now except build up an engine for my S :twisted: , get more speed from that insted of the big full size 200 fram, then mate up the electric start to my old S engine, then id have 2 good bikes, but already i think ill start out with the 85 M frame we have in our feild, less gobbed up welding :crazy: it does have a little potental so i dont feel i got too bad of a deal :cool:

1984ATC200S
09-24-2008, 08:01 PM
it finality turns over:rolleyes: but with a socket on the starter cup, so now i pulled the engine to do it the right way, never opened it up but its on the bench now.

oscarmayer
09-24-2008, 09:22 PM
eeeek!
dude, sounds aweful! i bet ya dinner that the bottom end is trash and so is the top. i'm predicting, damaged piston, jug scoring badly, and cam journal damage.