PDA

View Full Version : 200 auto rear brake info please ....

sandpuppi101
09-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Well I had a nice looking '85 200X roller and I ended up putting in a '84 ATC 200S motor in it.It was really easy ,wish more of my machine's went that way,anyway's I am at the ole' rear brake and what do I do situation.ATCTim I forgot to look at your set-up at Smith Road and Tapper I never really checked yours out .Just wanting to know if you all could post up a few pic's of how your set-up's on the rear are so I can get a few idea's going here.I'm thinking of giving this to my 14 year old Daughter,so she can come out and hang with Dad more in the shop,and do some more riding with me.

SeaBass8
09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
There was a real good thread about this not too long ago. Someone posted up an article from a magizine from back in the day on how to do this swap.

Found it.

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/MagScans/autox.pdf

sandpuppi101
09-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks seabass I found the arcticle..I did a search before and did'nt find nothing ,but i'm golden now.

tapper190
09-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I went looking threw my pictures and I can't find any of that auto-x. What I did was I took a 200e or s foot brake ( can't remember which one), took the bottom bolt out of the footpeg and mounted the brake petal using a harden bolt and a piece of gas pipe (1/2 inch I think) as a bushing. I cut it long enough so I could tighten the bolt and have the brake pedal still move. I bent a piece of metal (14 ga) into a "u" channel and joined the pedal to the 200x linkage. I'm sorry to say that I moved that trike to my parents place so I didn't have haul so many around when I ride with my girls. The good news is that I'm planning to go there Sunday for a ride with the girls, so I'll grab some pictures for you Roger. I know a picture is worth a thousand words!
Tapper

tapper190
09-21-2008, 12:28 PM
we didn't make it out on the trikes today because they were spraying for the weeds :(, but I did get the pictures for you Roger. I didn't have to do any welding or drilling to the atc parts, just the bracket.
Tapper