PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln engime for 200x?

Yamatrike400
09-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone seen these? Good price. Watercooled, reverse, would it fit in a 200x?

http://www.t-motorsports.com/20lowaatvenw.html

NINJA
09-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Something smells like Chinese.

Erics350x
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder what the HP rating is. The only thing that sucks about that set up is it only has a 4 speed auto clutch tranny

factoryX
09-18-2008, 06:41 PM
sorry to say but I would never buy the motor.

Yamatrike400
09-18-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.t-motorsports.com/li25ven.html

That needs to go in a big red...

SYKO
09-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Due to the fact that this is a racing engine, no warranty is expressed or implied. We have not had a single problem with the engine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

factoryX
09-19-2008, 06:02 AM
its not worth the price anyway, a 200x motor reliabilty is great vrs. a china water cooled honda motor knock off? with 4 gears?

Taiser
09-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Anyone seen these? Good price. Watercooled, reverse, would it fit in a 200x?

http://www.t-motorsports.com/20lowaatvenw.html

You can make anything fit with a welder and a hammer! :D

I have seen them (although not this particular one) put in the Honda's. They run fine, surprisingly well actually, but you can tell the quality is not there. Many I've seen are hit and miss, although the misses are getting rarer. Some will run fine for a long time, others will have problems after a couple of hours. Usually nothing major, electrical is usually the biggest problem. I do think they are getting better though and when the quality goes up and the prices are still cheap I'm sure many of us will be driving chinese made machines. The chinese market will be a force to recon with in a few years, watch out if they start exporting cars at 5k apiece!:eek:

Yamatrike400
09-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah i wouldnt buy one, but i thought it would be cool to see someone put a liquid in a 200x...

factoryX
09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
You can make anything fit with a welder and a hammer! :D

I have seen them (although not this particular one) put in the Honda's. They run fine, surprisingly well actually, but you can tell the quality is not there. Many I've seen are hit and miss, although the misses are getting rarer. Some will run fine for a long time, others will have problems after a couple of hours. Usually nothing major, electrical is usually the biggest problem. I do think they are getting better though and when the quality goes up and the prices are still cheap I'm sure many of us will be driving chinese made machines. The chinese market will be a force to recon with in a few years, watch out if they start exporting cars at 5k apiece!:eek:

why? they have the same technological science that we have, its just we are not aloud to use it. I bet that are goverment are doing things right now that is not exposed to media there for not having problems in the first place. if the media did not exist we would be so ahead of every body in the world right now they would be eating are tow nail clippings.

edog
09-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I like it.It gets my vote!

Taiser
09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
why? they the same technological science that we have, its just we are not aloud to use it. I bet that are goverment are doing things right now that is not exposed to media there for not having problems in the first place. if the media did not exist we would be so ahead of every body in the world right now they would are tow nail clippings.

Because their quality control is big time lacking at this time, their pollution control is non-existant (and I am by no means a tree hugger), and parts availability (I have experience with chinese tractors) is scarce to say the least!

Don't get me wrong, if they start making good quality machines, I'd be the first one in line. The jap stuff use to be crap too! No doubt in my mind we will get some good quality machines out of the chinese, sooner than later is my guess but at this point, it's not worth the risk for a big ticket item. For a 200$ engine, I'd probably try it...200 bucks is nothing these days.

super90
09-19-2008, 09:24 PM
If it was built by a good known company, possibly lifan or someone I think it would be pretty cool. But I had a loncin motor in a pitbike and it was J U N K.

Twilight
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
My lil bro has had a 100cc Lincoln engine in his dirtbike for about 3 years now, no issues cept a exhaust leak.