PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank or Fuel Question

hublake
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
What is the best thing to do regarding the gas tank and fuel in a ATC that is going to be sitting and not running for 3 or 4 months. I was wondering if I should run them dry or fill the tanks and add some stabil to the gas. I am not going to be using them from mid-Nov. to spring. Having my right shoulder replaced and will be in a sling for at least 6 weeks.

topless
09-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Staybil is made for exactly that, storage for a few months.

NINJA
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Drain the tank and carb dry, Stabil leaves a white powdery residue in the floatbowl.

carscomefirst
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
It depends,
If you are storing in a environmentaly controlled area(heated garage,low humidity) drain.
If condensation is an issue then leave tank full with sta-bil, and drain carb.

Itrike
09-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree with most I've had a bunch of street bikes, Always used stabill and kept the tank full. Keeps condensate from forming with a full tank. Stabill keeps gas from going bad for a few months. You could also drain all fuel , air out the tank and keep it inside till ready if you don't like stabill. Good luck with the shoulder.
John whats this Bad Lands thing you speek of??

sandpuppi101
09-19-2008, 07:54 AM
John is correct as usual on the gas storage and the methanol.We use that on our work truck's for air line's and it work's great,if done properly.Good luck on the shoulder , I'm ready for a shoulder surgery myself,and back ,and knee,lol,I'm 38 and feel like i'm falling apart..