PDA

View Full Version : I need some 200E timing help?

russell56443
09-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Hi,
The guy I got my Red from said he might have gotten the timing off when he put the top end back on.
Ive got the cover's off and am not sure where the marks are,there's a V at the top of the camshaft opening and an O on the gear itself and down below theres T(TDC) and F(?) and a piece in the case that comes off the case in a point.
When the O on the camshaft is lined up with the V notch,the lower ones dont line up with what Im thinking the mark is,there about an inch off?
When I had tried to start it last year and I discovered the oil leak I fixed the other day I had spark but it never cranked so my ? is am I going in the right direction here and if the marks are off how do I get them lined up again LOL?
Thanks for the help Guy's!!!

Nick_R_23
09-18-2008, 02:02 AM
When the V and the O line up on the cam gear, you should be able to look thru the bottom cap and see the T mark on the flywheel. You can move the chain by unbolting the sprocket from the cam, and pull it off the center. Then you should have a friend push the tensioner down so you can have the most slack as possible in the chain. You should now be able to lift the chain up enough to be able to spin the sprocket around a bit. You might only be able to move it over a few teeth at a time though.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Twilight
09-18-2008, 02:16 AM
i used a screw driver to hold the chain tensioner down and a small flathead to move the teeth.

russell56443
09-18-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks Guy's!!!
I will give it a try later today!
I down loaded the Manual off 3ww but didnt see this info,maybe I looked in the wrong place,it really made me frustrated trying to find it??
Anyway,I hope to have her going soon,I can ride my R but kicking her over kill's my messed up back so Im looking forward to electric start:drool:
Thanks again!