PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to fix a sloppy 350x kick starter?

thefox
09-11-2008, 09:41 PM
The kicker on my 350x has a lot of play in the joint is there a way to fix this? I thought I remember other members using the part that clamps on to the kick start shaft from another ATV which fixed the problem because it was that part of the joint that wears and the other ATV has electric start so the kicker isn’t used as much. I think it was a 250es, 250sx, trx250 or something similar. If I am on the right track which model was it? If I am dreaming something up do I have another option?

Erics350x
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
im pretty sure its from the SX

SWIGIN
09-11-2008, 10:44 PM
i just drill the pivot hole out and make an oversized pin....works great

thefox
09-12-2008, 06:58 AM
John, I remember Bruce using a different kicker part but when I found one post about it he wasn't sure what the other kicker was from. I though someone identified it later but now I can't find that thread, maybe I should just give Bruce a call.

Swigin, have you had any problem with breaking kickers? My motor is stock so drilling it out a little shouldn't weaken it too much.

freaksfix
09-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Ive hd problems with the spring getting sacked out and the kicker not staying in place. so i put some tin foil in the hole as a spacer and then put the spring and ball back in. but like john said lube it good..

SWIGIN
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Ive hd problems with the spring getting sacked out and the kicker not staying in place. so i put some tin foil in the hole as a spacer and then put the spring and ball back in. but like john said lube it good..

thats one way to fix a kicker that flops out when rideing....but he said his is sloppy not floppy....lol

thefox
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I oiled it and now it is both sloppy and floppy lol. I took the pin out and will stop by the hardware store tomorrow to get a bigger one then I will shim out the spring and ball.

Thanks for the help!