PDA

View Full Version : SX rebuild pics

RoadRacer 831
09-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Here's a few pics of the SX rebuild so far. I took the pics on my cell phone so they're not great. I had everything powder coated a nice red color, but kinda looks orange in these pics. It's a little greasy now, but it looks like it's still wet in person, came out great. Here's a close up of the rear differential with shiny new bolts. I'm basically replacing every visible bolt with new ones.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/andybclue/ATV/bcbb37b4ed3f.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/andybclue/ATV/4cc8f30f06f1.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/andybclue/ATV/019f88a371f8.jpg

Dirtcrasher
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice, I likey the powder :D!!

RoadRacer 831
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks DC. I'll have to take some better pics because these really don't do it justice. It'll be too nice to ride when I'm done :)

ChrisD
09-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Nice...not too often you see a mint, tricked out SX. Keep us posted!

Jonpin
09-10-2008, 05:14 AM
lookin sweet was the hardware easy to find i was going to look at ace hardware to replace most of mine

userj8670
09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Very NICE!!!! Welcome to the SX club! Cant wait to see the finished product. Post more pics when you can!

Jim

RoadRacer 831
09-12-2008, 05:02 AM
lookin sweet was the hardware easy to find i was going to look at ace hardware to replace most of mine

For the bolts, I found quite a few of them at Home Depot/Lowes, and ordered the rest from cheapcycleparts.com

You can look at the microfiche on many of the online sites to get the length, size, thread pitch of the bolts you want, then check the hardware store to see if they have them. They are all metric though, so the selection is limited at most places.

RoadRacer 831
09-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Very NICE!!!! Welcome to the SX club! Cant wait to see the finished product. Post more pics when you can!

Jim

Thanks man. I got my brake drums turned so now I can take the last few things to be powdercoated. I still need to buy some rims and figure out how to get the motor cleaned up and painted as easliy as possible.

Name Brand
09-14-2008, 01:50 AM
That's going to be cool looking when it's all put together.

bad350
09-14-2008, 02:08 AM
By The Way Name Brand I'm All About Palin For Vp!!!

hublake
09-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks man. I got my brake drums turned so now I can take the last few things to be powdercoated. I still need to buy some rims and figure out how to get the motor cleaned up and painted as easliy as possible.

I had my SX motor beadblasted, then primed it(can't remember if I used an etching primer or what), then painted it with hi-temp black motor paint. Here are a couple of pics.

HuntingFor1
09-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Looks real good. Keep the pictures coming.

kilabeez0
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I had my SX motor beadblasted, then primed it(can't remember if I used an etching primer or what), then painted it with hi-temp black motor paint. Here are a couple of pics.

i've heard people say that's not good to do because the sand can find it's way inside the motor. i would've done it that way myself too though :lol: how's the paint holding up?

hublake
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
i've heard people say that's not good to do because the sand can find it's way inside the motor. i would've done it that way myself too though :lol: how's the paint holding up?

So far so good. I made wood plugs to go over the exhaust and carb and used the mounting bolts plus put a gasket with silcon sealer on both sides. Left an old spark plug in. The paint is holding up good. I used Duplicolor Hi-Temp. I rode it quite a bit at Sandpuppis ride in Aug. at Rose City. Any other place that anything could have gotten in was left with what ever went on there. I did change the oil before I ran it and after the weekend at Rose City. Will have to see what happens how things go. Hopefully good.