PDA

View Full Version : 82 honda 185s flywheel removal ideas

jhatten
09-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, I really need some ideas. I'm trying to remove the flywheel with the correct puller but the inside threads are dammaged and the puller won't start. Is there any other ways to get this flywheel off???????

thefox
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I have used a 2 arm puller before. There isn't enough room to get the arms behind the flywheel so I used them in the shortest position and hooked the arms to the pull starter basket. Just be careful, if the flywheel is really on there you can bend the basket.

jhatten
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I will try to round up a puller from work tomorrow, thanks and keep the ideas coming.....

birddogg
09-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Looks like a tough spot man. If you get that sucker off throw it straight in the dumpster. Soak it down with PB blaster and give it a couple whacks with a hammer or try some heat before you try the two-arm puller. Good luck.

greythorn3
09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
dy-no-mite?

Ray

dreadhed
09-08-2008, 01:05 AM
I think you can used a steering wheel puller once to get one off. The pulley puller works good too if you can get it in there. I would do the puller first.

jhatten
09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
lol, Best idea of the day......... dy-no-mite.. thats great. Thanks for the ideas. The part of the case that surrounds the flywheel is cracked, so i might finish it off with a hammer then try the puller......................ok I tried the 2 arm puller with no luck, just couldn't get it to bite. in the mean time i busted part of the case. So it looks like I am back to the drawing board. this bike has been so abused I might have to do a complete rebuild from the frame up.