PDA

View Full Version : Flipped my trike last nite.

Saul
09-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Ugh.

Tore up my right ankle, left hand and either my lung is a lil *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* or a chest muscle is tore. The left side of my shest is just burning with pain when I take deep breathes.

Nothing too bad with the bike, just tore up the intake boot where the carb joins the motor. I was gunna have to replace it anyways once I move up to the bigger carb.

Glad I was wearing my helmet, the bike came over right on top of me. :lol:

I gotta have a better look at her today and make sure there is no more damage done.

Dammit!
09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Well if you go to the doctor, tell them you crashed a bicycle or something. Don't be a statistic. :lol:

Seriously though.

fabiodriven
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
That sucks dude-

:pics: :pics:

Hoosier_Daddy
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I take it you were riding the 250R?

Vealmonkey
09-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a badly bruised or cracked rib, your going to love that. Not much to do but try and take it easy and heal. Just wait till you cought. Cracked ribs bring back less than fond memories. Get well.

chris200x
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe you should stick with the Big Red... :rolleyes: :lol: :w00t: :beer

Dirtcrasher
09-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I take it you were riding the 250R?

Maybe....But that chopper could definitely be more of a flipper :lol:

userj8670
09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
thats really unfortunate. everyone does it at some point. get better

Saul
09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe....But that chopper could definitely be more of a flipper :lol:

LOL, nah - the Big Red LBC is way more stable then the 250 R. (less prone to tipping over for whatever reason)

But yeah, I was riding the 250 R ... front wheel lifted under acceleration and she came done a lil twisted and just flipped over on her side on top of me.

Hurts like hell when I laugh or cough or raise my arm overhead. Bah.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just wish I hadn't ruined my carb intake boot. *sigh*

Taiser
09-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Busted ribs sucked...I'm still nursing mine (not from a trike accident though) and it takes a LONG time for them to heal. Did the carb hit a stump or something? What wrecked the boot?

Saul
09-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Busted ribs sucked...I'm still nursing mine (not from a trike accident though) and it takes a LONG time for them to heal. Did the carb hit a stump or something? What wrecked the boot?

Just the way the bike rolled over on top of me I think. My boot musta hooked up in it I'm guessing.

I didn't get to really look it over good last night and today I can't get around to getting off the couch to go out in the shed and have a good look. I'll check it out tomorrow and see if it can be fixed.

I do need a bigger boot anyways since I'm getting a bigger carb soon.

Yamatrike400
09-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Rofl...same thing happened to me when i got my R...was doing wheelies, front came up to high and i jumped off, it kept going (WOT for whatever reason) hit a tree, rolled, did some sideways donuts WOT, rolled once again upright then stalled. All i had was bent handlebars lol..

Saul
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Rofl...same thing happened to me when i got my R...was doing wheelies, front came up to high and i jumped off, it kept going (WOT for whatever reason) hit a tree, rolled, did some sideways donuts WOT, rolled once again upright then stalled. All i had was bent handlebars lol..

:eek: You got off pretty lucky there huh? No cracked plastics?

Yamatrike400
09-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Nope! but my plastics are shot anyway so i wouldn't care haha

Saul
09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Hahaha - oh well then.

Andrew_250R
09-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. Good thing you were wearing a helmet. How did it set down funny? I guess I am asking because it has never happened to me and I would like to prevent it ;).

Kintore
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Yep been there done that, im sure we all have.

I rolled it 4 or 5 times over the labour day weekend. MX racing does that to ya, 4th pinned of the holeshot, hit a 6 pack and lost it while trying to perfect it and had to bail a few times, lost it-fell onto my footpeg and my bike ran me over and then into a tree while trying to pass mark (garageboy34) ahaha good times!

bruised ribs and a cracked rib to prove it, all in all solid weekend!

y2kane
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Glad to hear nothing real serious, hope your feeling better soon. Saftey in the helmet is always manditory for my whole family.

Saul
09-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. Good thing you were wearing a helmet. How did it set down funny? I guess I am asking because it has never happened to me and I would like to prevent it ;).

It was weird - it came down and felt like the front tire caught a rut and she got sideways and rolled over on me. It was just so fast how it happened. I shoulda took a better look at the spot but once I got the intake patched enough to get home with I just took off for home. Luckily I was close to home at the time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Saul
09-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Yep been there done that, im sure we all have.

I rolled it 4 or 5 times over the labour day weekend. MX racing does that to ya, 4th pinned of the holeshot, hit a 6 pack and lost it while trying to perfect it and had to bail a few times, lost it-fell onto my footpeg and my bike ran me over and then into a tree while trying to pass mark (garageboy34) ahaha good times!

bruised ribs and a cracked rib to prove it, all in all solid weekend!

LOL, all in one weekend. Insanity! Hope ya heal quickly my fellow triker!

Saul
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Glad to hear nothing real serious, hope your feeling better soon. Saftey in the helmet is always manditory for my whole family.

I'm the type of guy who will lecture someone for not wearing a helmet while out riding. They save lives for damn sure.

Kintore
09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
LOL, all in one weekend. Insanity! Hope ya heal quickly my fellow triker!

haha and to top it all off, I drive home after racing all day then head straight to work for night shift!

I was a zombie from 5am on..... all in a good weekends fun though. Ill be back in 09 boys!

Andrew_250R
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
haha and to top it all off, I drive home after racing all day then head straight to work for night shift!

I was a zombie from 5am on..... all in a good weekends fun though. Ill be back in 09 boys!

You are nuts, I work night shift also and don't know if I could do that, not saying I wouldn't though ;)

Kintore
09-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Not to mention its a 5.5 hour drive home.......... whats wrong with me? lol

RedRider_AK
09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Not to mention its a 5.5 hour drive home.......... whats wrong with me? lol

You just love triking.

Probably too much. But... that's ok. :lol: :naughty:

userj8670
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Kintore - whats that little blue trike in your signiture pic? That cant be a 70.

jim

leokendall
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
sorry to hear the bad luck, hopes ya get better soon, do anyone on this board wear chest protecters? just curious thats all.

Kintore
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
haha yes i do,

and userj8670 its a yamaha tri zinger, fast lil buggers!

Texas 200x
09-09-2008, 03:11 AM
That sucks glad you and your trike don't have any major damage.