PDA

View Full Version : What kind of handlebars are you guys running on your 350x's?

chris200x
09-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see some pics of the diffrent kind of handlebars you guys are running on your 350x's. and the approximate price you paid for them.

There's so many diffrent ones to choose from.. Low bend, hi bend.. etc... I usually just end up buying the $20 moose jobbers.. But I bent the hell outta my old ones so I'm in the market for something new.

help me out! :beer

ChrisD
09-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Hi Chris

That depends on what you want your bike to "feel" like. I prefer the dirtibike feel. I use low bend CR250 bars on my bikes with a twist throttle. Some guys like the ape hanger feel and use high bend (ATV bend) bars and a thumb throttle.

I bought the CR bend bars and trimmed the ends by 3/4" using a pipe cutter on each side and called it a day. The bars are the same for a 250R, 200X or 350X.

Cheers...are you inside today from the rain? The storm was actually pretty weak...

tanks350x
09-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I just use red moose racing bars
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/d1a73f5e.jpg

chris200x
09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi Chris

That depends on what you want your bike to "feel" like. I prefer the dirtibike feel. I use low bend CR250 bars on my bikes with a twist throttle. Some guys like the ape hanger feel and use high bend (ATV bend) bars and a thumb throttle.

I bought the CR bend bars and trimmed the ends by 3/4" using a pipe cutter on each side and called it a day. The bars are the same for a 250R, 200X or 350X.

Cheers...are you inside today from the rain? The storm was actually pretty weak...

Yeah Chris. The weather sucks (but the sun is coming out now lol) but I'm takin a much needed weekend off from riding to do maintenance and repairs. 3 of us were out last weekend and 3 of us are putting our bikes back together this week. :mad:

I think I'm more of a low profile type.. not much for the edog look. :D

keister
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I bought ATV high bend. I tried to find the old eBay auction for some specifics, but could not.
The "hi-bend" seems to be the closest to stock. - see picture.
I checked out a bunch of different lower bends prior to that. I have ridden 250Rs with the lower bars and they didn't feel right for me (6'0").

brapp
09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
i love the feel off the tag t-2 bars but the high bend just seems too high for the ergonomics of the 350x so i woudl stick with a cr bend or a lo yfz bend.

brrcuda
09-07-2008, 03:09 AM
I actually use those same handlebars you have chris. Same style at least. I like the low look and feel for better tight/fast corner turning and sliding. They just feel right and i like the cross bar as well. Alot of guys are going with the high bars for better standing-up on hill climbs, but i dont like the feel of them. Feels like i lose something in turning ability.

Many throw those HBs out, i snatch em up, paint em and run em if they are straight. So 20 dollars specials with cross bar - second hand usually for me....:naughty: :lol:

But your more of a sunday cruise kinda guy........;) So some ape hangers might be good for yah to cruise 6th gear in.:D

chris200x
09-07-2008, 09:21 AM
The ones that were on there are low and wide. So I'd like something similiar to these.

Guess they dont make those old answer bars any more do they? these kinda remind me of them.

The Goat
09-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I bought the moose high bend bars in white....but if I had to do it again, I would get the same style that schmee has on his 300r...there's pics around here showing them. They are a straight style bar, and fairly narrow.

DeePa
09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I actually use those same handlebars you have chris. Same style at least. I like the low look and feel for better tight/fast corner turning and sliding. They just feel right and i like the cross bar as well. Alot of guys are going with the high bars for better standing-up on hill climbs, but i dont like the feel of them. Feels like i lose something in turning ability.

Many throw those HBs out, i snatch em up, paint em and run em if they are straight. So 20 dollars specials with cross bar - second hand usually for me....:naughty: :lol:

But your more of a sunday cruise kinda guy........;) So some ape hangers might be good for yah to cruise 6th gear in.:D

they arent second hand if you bought them in the first place, sold the bike, and got the bars back for free....

TriMotoMan
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a MSR bar on my 350X

beets442
09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I have Answers or MSR's. I think they are better than stock, but won't know til I roll it...LOL.>>>> Beets

Dirtcrasher
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with cheap bars, I use to run the MSR 35$ bars..... But after bending a couple of sets, I switched to Pro Taper CR high bend with the Moose adapters. Your looking at about 120$ or so for the whole change, but if you jump and ride hard, it's well worth it :D.............