PDA

View Full Version : So - what pipe options do I have for 82 R?

Saul
09-06-2008, 12:05 AM
All I can find in dennis kirk is one DG pipe and silencer. There must be more options then this no?

Daddio
09-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Only if you are patient and lucky. If you check ebay long enough you will probably find something you want.

Saul
09-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Is the DG any good at all? Much better then the stock pipe at all?

SYKO
09-06-2008, 12:38 AM
JEMCO... the best right now that you can get... I loved mine, made incredable power, and not just in one area a very broad range of power.

Blown 331
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Damn, about 3-4 years ago I bought a brand new in the packaging Kerker full system for an 81/82 R for $20 on ebay! I posted it on here to show everyone the deal I got and everyone wanted it. I didn't want to sell it but I didn't have a bike to put it on and ended up selling it for like $175. Now I know of a really nice 82 R for sale and I was kicking myself for selling it (I knew I would) but then I realized it already has a pipe and it looks better than the Kerker.

Saul
09-06-2008, 08:05 AM
So - does that mean you're buying the bike?!

syko - JEMCO have a website? Are these pipes readily available or is it a treasure hunt trying to find one? I kinda need to get a pipe asap. My stock pipe is being held together with some exhaust flex hose and a couple muller clamps. lol.

Blown 331
09-06-2008, 08:23 AM
So - does that mean you're buying the bike?!

syko - JEMCO have a website? Are these pipes readily available or is it a treasure hunt trying to find one? I kinda need to get a pipe asap. My stock pipe is being held together with some exhaust flex hose and a couple muller clamps. lol.

I'm not sure. It's at a friend of mines house and it is owned by a freind of his who is in Louisiana (we are by St. Louis). My friend is thinking of buying it. I could get it for $700 and its well worth it. All original and very nice with all paper work, manuals, spare parts and even a title! Original seat is still in good shape. I'm trying to buy a Polaris 3-wheeler right now but I think the owner wants a little much but I dont want to spend my money incase he comes down.
And I just read this thread and found a Jemco site. It says the make pipes for Kawasaki 3-wheelers so I let my brother know about that for his Gen 1 T3. They have lots of other custom and vitage pipes but you will have to email them. http://www.jemcoexhaust.com/

200x newby
09-06-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure. It's at a friend of mines house and it is owned by a freind of his who is in Louisiana (we are by St. Louis). My friend is thinking of buying it. I could get it for $700 and its well worth it. All original and very nice with all paper work, manuals, spare parts and even a title! Original seat is still in good shape. I'm trying to buy a Polaris 3-wheeler right now but I think the owner wants a little much but I dont want to spend my money incase he comes down.
And I just read this thread and found a Jemco site. It says the make pipes for Kawasaki 3-wheelers so I let my brother know about that for his Gen 1 T3. They have lots of other custom and vitage pipes but you will have to email them. http://www.jemcoexhaust.com/

where did it say kawasaki 3 wheelers? all i seen was kawasaki 3 cylinders.

Blown 331
09-06-2008, 09:11 AM
where did it say kawasaki 3 wheelers? all i seen was kawasaki 3 cylinders.

Damn, you are right. I guess I just read what I wanted to see. lol. Someone should email them about 1st gen R's and Tecate pipes.

SYKO
09-06-2008, 09:40 AM
You have to contact the company for them to make any of the OLD pipes.. apparently they still have ALL the jigs for trike pipes, its a special order thing, some greenheads on here have gotten new ones made for the t3's so im sure they can make ones for the air R's, also I think some mugen pipes are still floating around for the first gen R's. I cant remember the member that had like 10 of those pipes still for sale... do a search

Brockey
09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
BigBore had them I believe. My mugen fit my 81 nice after I bought a cr 250 flange but they are black pipes, I would rather Chrome.