PDA

View Full Version : . . . R.i.p 200x . . .

money89tractors
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Today we officially lay to rest a 200X. Smokey (the 200x frankestein i picked up for $200 and sold for $300) finally bit the bullet 2 days ago.

The kid i sold the bike to (Jake) and i where riding some local trails when Jake stopped and shut the X off to use the bathroom. When he got back on and tried to kick it, it was seazed. We rolled it backwards and it freed up and would kick, but showed no signs of life.

So, we tied it to my junkyard 110 and i pulled him home. On the way home he tried to pull start it and it made the worst knock ive ever heard. I swore the piston seazed and it snapped the rod when he drumped the clutch to pullstart it.

Yesterday he pulled the engine apart to find out what really happened. Turns out the exhaust valve broke off at the stem and dropped it ontop of the piston, pulling a quarted sized hole in the piston.

Over all i think he came out lucky. The rod and bottom end are still good after it gets flushed out of all the piston chips, The cylinder is still like brand new (can still see the crosshatchs in the wall), The head and valves are trashed (when the valve broke it desroyed the valve guide), the piston is;of course; destroyed, and the rest is still good.

It was a sad day: We had planned a ride for sunday and were just riding around since we had done some work on both his 200x and my 110 that we wanted to make sure we wouldnt have problems out of when we went for the ride.

R.I.P 200x, you will be revived.

-Phil

drhatc200
09-01-2008, 10:42 PM
sounds like the same thing mine done i put new guides and valves in mine and bored it 20 over runs strong now valves and guides was like 75 i think head work was 80 boring it was 60 piston was 78 build and keep it going