PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with 350X

nicker71
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Hello I just bought a 350X yesterday for 950 dollars, It seems to be in pretty good shape I noticed today that it needed the chain to be tightend. This is my first sporty atc. I use to own a 200S. The chain needs to be tighted up I looked at it and I dont understand how to tighten it. I loosend the two hex bolts on back but how do I pull it tight. It is a lot different than my old 200S. Also it has a chain tightener on it, is that aftermarket or is it factory. WHat type of oil would you recomend for the engine and where is the oil filter at. do i have to open the side case thing to put in a new one. what type of performance mods are available for the 350X? thamks for the info. ALso the oil cooler thing is there anything about that that I need to know?
thank you

JayP
06-19-2003, 02:00 PM
I'll give your Q's a try. On the chain tightening you rotate the bearing carrier by the teeth on the left side by the sprocket. The axle is off-center in it. Do a search and there is a good thread on this subject with pics.

The chain tightener is an add-on since the 350X only came with a chain slider on top of the swinger and a little guide below the chain by the front sprocket.

The oil filter is on the right side of the engine case and is behind the little three screw cap. You dont need to mess with the oil cooler lines.

The engine sholdn't need any mods since it is a pretty powerful engine for a trike already. However you can get different pipes, pistons, big bore kits and cams for it. Pretty much whatever you can do to any four-stroker.

I would recommend getting a Honda service manual. Check with your dealer or there are some on Ebay. Ebay may be about $10 higher but I found the dealer order on this item to be very slow. Also look at and save Tom Batts' project pics from the forum and you will get a good idea on how things should look as stock. Great reference tool.

Good luck.

Jay

NOS_350X
06-19-2003, 06:59 PM
to tighten the chain on the 350 you turn the toothed thing just to the right of the sproket and it will tighten and loosen the chain

about oil i use regular car oil ive had mine for a year and a half and never touched the oil filter or oil cooler i wouldnt recomened it ride it some see how you like it and if you want more then start messing with those things about the best performance mod you can do is a pipe other than spending a but load of money