PDA

View Full Version : i need help! 70 atc clutch

2belts
08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
so im putting my clutch all back together and due to vague directions and an overwhelming case of A.D.D. i cannot figure out how to get the final 3 pieces of the clutch assembly back on, basically the little weird shaped plate that goes over the plate with the 3 large ball barrings and the next weird plate goes over it and then the little gear selector arm that goes in the groove the next step would be the put the right side case cover back on but i cannot keep everything assembled as i put it on, so how the hell do you do it.

sorry if this is hard to mentally picture, i will take pictures tomorrow if it may help.

anyways if anyone knows what i am talking about it would be greatly appreciated

Daddio
08-24-2008, 11:07 PM
:welcome: Post up some pictures and it might jog my memory. I converted a ct 70 to manual clutch a few months back but I can't remember exactly how it went. There are others on this board who probably know more than me about them maybe they will be able to help sooner. Anyway :welcome: again.

2belts
08-24-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah thanks, its still my stock transmission, ( b ut i do plan on doing the manual conversion) :Bounce but its just those damn last 3 peices. i basically just have to sit them just right, throw on the case cover, and then tighten up the nut and somehow manage to keep everything in place.

another thing that might help is if someone could find one of those free manual downloads, i have seriously seen like 3 or 4 of them that explain everything on the atc and how to go about things and i just happened to stumble upon them, but for some reason now when i actually try to find them i cant find a single web site that doesnt make me have to pay like +20 bucks to get them.

2belts
08-24-2008, 11:21 PM
sorry about that i meant to say in the beginning that its still the auto clutch

blue27
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
online basic manual, see if this helps

http://www.intheredgraphix.com/hosted/Honda_ATC.pdf