PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha tri moto 125

samotnik
08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi there.
If I can ask a question regarding 125 it will be great. I got it from a friend few weeks ago. It was sitting outside for a while. 2 or so years. We tried to start and on the beginning it was very hard to pule a starting rope. Then after numerous times it was much easier. The fuel was not getting thru a fuel line from a tank so i overpass hooking a bottle with gas. It started few times for couple a days then nada. It did start any more. I replaced spark pug a clean carb. NO effects. during starting full was coming from egzoust. Is that normal?. After that I check pressure and it had around 70. I know it should be over 125. What could be the problem with the gas leaking from egzoust? Should i go with original piston rings or get a little bet bigger?

Thanks

Vealmonkey
08-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Fuel leak is probably a stuck carb float. I'm sure the carb needs a good cleaning. You can't tell if it just needs new rings by guessing. If the cylinder walls are really scored up, you may have to get the next size bigger piston and have your cylinder bored at your local bike shop.