PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt 110 motor, now no spark.

kilabeez0
08-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Now i've got everything all back together and no spark. I dont get it I put the head on the jug after seeing it was at TDC. Also made sure the crank was on the T mark. Put the cam in with the lobes down, had to turn it to the left like halfway so the bolt holes lined up with the sprocket, and installed the cdi. no spark. i tried spinning the rotor on the cdi 180' just to check and still nothing.

What I didn't get is why I had to spin the cam to the left to get the holes lined up. Dropping it in with the lobes down leaves the mounting holes on the top and bottom when they need to be on the sides with the sprocket.

Anyone point me in the right direction to get spark? It had spark before I tore it all down.

bad350
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
it would still fire even if it was out of time you may not have something pluged in correctly

Dirtcrasher
08-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't have your manual or any pics to go by so I can only offer general help...

It needs to be at the firing point at TDC with the valves fully closed. That usually means valve lobes down but not on every single motor made....

I rebuilt a 84 200X when I was 16yo, it would not fire. I had the pulse generator piece 180 degrees out....Of course, I had no manual.........

Not to sound like a broken record, but are you checking everything by the shop manual??