PDA

View Full Version : Is My '86 350x In Top?

roofinggun
06-18-2003, 09:18 PM
IT IS ALL CLEANED UP AND BASICALLY BONE STOCK. I KNOW IT ISN'T AS NICE AS TOM BATTS, BUT HOW MANY ARE? IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST '86'S ON HERE, NO? I ORDERED THAT MUD GUARD FROM A GUY, BUT I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO GET IT. IT HAS BEEN QUITE A WHILE AND I HAVEN'T GOT IT YET. HE ALWAYS SAYS IT IS ON THE WAY. OH YEAH, I HAVE A FUNNY STORY ABOUT THE RIDE I JUST TOOK. I BOUGHT THIS SPRAY TO SHINE UP THE SEAT AND WHEN I TOOK OFF I SLID OFF THE BACK AND RACKED MY ASS ON THE GRAB BAR. DAMN NEAR LOST IT, GOOD THING NOONE WAS WATCHING :-D

Bill X_R
06-18-2003, 09:54 PM
Awesome lookin g X bro!!!...I can understand why your excited...but could you take the caps lock off next time?

One nice X

PS...How do you like those Trail Claw II's...I had them on my 250r and now I put them on my DS...I LOVE EM!

SteveATC24
06-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Nice trike, what do have covering the brake line in the front? Also I see how clean you header pipe is, is their a way for me to paint it and what with that would stand up to the temps that pipe can put out?

thanks

roofinggun
06-18-2003, 10:56 PM
It is a blue plastic wiring conduit on the brake line. It was only $3 or something and looked alot better than that stock thing. It is split so I didn't have to take the line off. Just put a few zip ties on it at the bottom, top, and near the middle retainer. I used a wire brush on a dremel and steel wool to clean the exhaust and painted it with high temp engine paint. The first time I did it it, did not last because it wasn't clean enough, but this time has been good. Tom Batts's last post gave the link to a place that does it for $30 (I think) and like $7 shipping. That is a good deal and really nice finish. If you opt to do that you should figure in new exhaust donuts and probably washers, nuts, and possibly studs on the head. I do not have good luck, so I will leave the exhaust on the bike till I need to remove it. I would probably end up with 2 broken studs and the headache of removing them.

SteveATC24
06-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, yeah that Batts trike is clean and so is yours. I will be there or close soon.

roofinggun
06-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Bill, The trail claws have great traction. They were on the trike when I got it and I thopught they were going to be junk. But when I got in the mud they really grabbed. Only bad thing was when I was in the mud with a foot or so of water, they slung the muddy water styraight up in the air and back down on me.

Jeb
06-20-2003, 03:51 PM
very nice X! :-D