PDA

View Full Version : engine question

short4stuff
06-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Hello,
My engine seems to be making a clook sound. When I rev it up and then when it revs down I hear it. Its like this (r means rev) rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrr clook.

Anyone have any ideas??? :rolleyes:

85 yamaha 225DR

short4stuff
06-18-2003, 08:31 PM
also does anyone know how to take the screws out of the engine, mine are kind of rusted and seem to be starting to strip whe ntrying to take them out. Why couldn't they of just used bolts like Honda??? :evil:

xxxCALI86250rxxx
06-19-2003, 12:07 AM
hey man, use an impact driver and a good old fashoned hammer ;)

plkmonster2
06-19-2003, 12:53 AM
check yo inbox, i sent you a pm... use a impact driver!! they are da bomb! lol :D could be the engine detonating. when mine is cold i can rev it up and as rev it, it acts rough. could be too rich. check your plug to determine that

short4stuff
06-19-2003, 07:52 AM
check yo inbox, i sent you a pm... use a impact driver!! they are da bomb! lol :D could be the engine detonating. when mine is cold i can rev it up and as rev it, it acts rough. could be too rich. check your plug to determine that

Ok I know it is running to rich, so you know that little jet or something on the bottom of the carb is that the fuel/ air mixture ???? If so can you tell me how many turns out it should be at. Thank you.

RideRed03
06-19-2003, 01:57 PM
I believe its similiar to my x and one of the adjustments are on the throttle needle......there are notchs that a special clip sits in....move it up to make it richer move it down to make it leaner....correct me if im wrong....

Josh