PDA

View Full Version : My progress pics. Have a look fellow trike fans.

Saul
08-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Nothing major I guess but it's getting there.

:pics:

Before (well, after I raised the front that is) pic -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/P7170211-1.jpg

And pics from this evening -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/a7088e33.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/2ff00663.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/fda53f22.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/07db86af.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/e5b3c49b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/873a5105.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/0743c6e1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/4a3fbf45.jpg

And for shits and giggles - one with the seat and tank on. (need tank painted and seat recovered - black!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/SaulAce/bigredchopper/c800e7da.jpg
Thanks for looking, feedback welcomed!

whipit
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
what have you been smoking

Erics350x
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
those forks dont look strait or safe

Hoosier_Daddy
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm still not crazy about the chopper thing but the black looks good and painting that engine makes it look like a new engine. Looks good.

atc vending guy
08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
im gonna cry......maybe not ,but that poor big red.

300rman
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
REPAINT THE WHEELS! not blach though, you need contrast.

maybe silver? yellow+black go good too.

a taller front tire is in order.

chris200x
08-13-2008, 07:22 PM
if it was a hoarse I'd shoot it! :lol: :rolleyes:

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Well - MEH, your no fun!

LOL! I like it, it's fun, it was a rescue bike that was busted and broken - so I'm just having fun with it, making it kinda original.

Thought some of you all might get a kick outta it - maybe ven find it kinda cool. Oh well. heheh

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
those forks dont look strait or safe

They aren't - straight OR safe. LOL! :beer

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:45 PM
what have you been smoking

Export A cigarettes. :D

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm still not crazy about the chopper thing but the black looks good and painting that engine makes it look like a new engine. Looks good.

Thanks bro! :w00t: The chopper thing was just done on a larf as the shocks and forks were busted and I had some pipe laying around and well - a few beer later - big red (black) chopper! :beer

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
im gonna cry......maybe not ,but that poor big red.

It was this or a junkyard! Atleast now it's being ridden. Thats a ghood thing, right? :D

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
REPAINT THE WHEELS! not blach though, you need contrast.

maybe silver? yellow+black go good too.

a taller front tire is in order.

I may go with chrome when I do the rims. I'll be using your paint guide once I get better plastic to paint.

Saul
08-13-2008, 07:51 PM
if it was a hoarse I'd shoot it! :lol: :rolleyes:

Nah, better to put him out to stud!

LOL, it's actually fun to ride!

fabiodriven
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Dude, I'm not crazy about your trike, but that little garage/bedroom is sweet! If I'm ever single again, I'm gonna make sure I can pull my trike right into my bedroom!

SYKO
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
They aren't - straight OR safe. LOL! :beer

if im not in fear of my life 24/7 then its no damn fun then right!?:w00t:

ride wheelies!!!!!shens

300rman
08-13-2008, 08:54 PM
move the front fender closer to the tire.

YTZ Money Pit
08-13-2008, 09:32 PM
wheres the ape hanger handle bars?:confused:

Saul
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Dude, I'm not crazy about your trike, but that little garage/bedroom is sweet! If I'm ever single again, I'm gonna make sure I can pull my trike right into my bedroom!

Haha! Yeah, it's messy as hell out there now but when it's cleaned up it's awesome to finish working on a bike or whatever and sit on the couch up on the lifted area and just chill with a beer staring at the bike. :beer

But it's only a garage - not a bedroom .. lol. That said, I have passed out in the garage a few times. hehe

Saul
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
if im not in fear of my life 24/7 then its no damn fun then right!?:w00t:

ride wheelies!!!!!shens

Now THATS the attitude! *devils horns in the air*

Saul
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
move the front fender closer to the tire.

Been thinking about that actually.

Thats what I like though, post pics and people usually give ya ideas you either didn't think of or were on the fence about.

Thanks man.

Saul
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
wheres the ape hanger handle bars?:confused:

Hmmmmmm - ya know, that might not be a bad idea.

Nah, I dunno. Probably not. :D

Erics350x
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
how bout a suicide shifter and a strait pipe exhaust running over the leg area

edog
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Saul,nice chopper trike!!!!

scooterroo
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
well its definately different. not something you see everyday. gotta hand it to you for saving it from going to the junk yard and doing something with it instead of letting it die. two thumbs up for originallity! ride on brother, the tutuels have nothing on you!!!

HondaManr
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I hope your not trying to climb hills with that thing.
You will be going backwards in no time. lol.

damageinc2785
08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
wow man wow as long as your having fun more power to you

Saul
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
how bout a suicide shifter and a strait pipe exhaust running over the leg area

Do you mean a bar attached to the foot shift lever that you operate by hand? :confused:

Saul
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Saul,nice chopper trike!!!!

Hey, thank you very much man! I appreciate it.

Saul
08-13-2008, 10:26 PM
well its definately different. not something you see everyday. gotta hand it to you for saving it from going to the junk yard and doing something with it instead of letting it die. two thumbs up for originallity! ride on brother, the tutuels have nothing on you!!!

I think you just summed up the whole project there, something different, original and just more then anything - a reason to save a trike from rotting in a junkyard.

Thanks man for the kind words.

Saul
08-13-2008, 10:29 PM
I hope your not trying to climb hills with that thing.
You will be going backwards in no time. lol.

Nothing too steep - once the incline gets a lil steep I either turn around or pretty much stand up and hang over the handle bars to keep all my weight up front. LOL.

But it's pretty much just a cruise the parking lot / do wheelies in the yard and parking lot / garage queen / more then anything else.

I have a 86 Honda 350 Fourtrax 4x4 for abusing trails and hills.

Saul
08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
wow man wow as long as your having fun more power to you

Yeah, it is a ton of fun to be honest. I kinda liken it to the car in your avatar - it took some crazy person to think up that idea originally - then a million people copied it. I'm not saying my trike is a good idea or awesome looking or will be copied or anything else like that - it's just that - meh, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm crazy.

:lol: :naughty:

300rman
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
well, i would go for the ape hangars. i would leave the exhaust alone, these old motors dont take too well to exhaust changes.
my cousin simply cut the muffler off his big red and installed a glasspack. it sounded great, but he burnt up the exhaust valve, and the motor itself ran no hotter before or after the change.

Gag_Halfront
08-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, I don't care what the old fuddy-duddys here say. I think it's cool. I'd ride the wheels off it. (Slowly and in a straight line, for the most part. :) )

I was actually thinking of doing a chopped 70 after I get this one done. :naughty:

Saul
08-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, I don't care what the old fuddy-duddys here say. I think it's cool. I'd ride the wheels off it. (Slowly and in a straight line, for the most part. :) )

I was actually thinking of doing a chopped 70 after I get this one done. :naughty:

Thanks, made me smile. I knew a whole lot of people were not going to like it - but it is very nice and rewarding to see some people digging it.

I'll get some videos of it soon to show everyone how it rides.

Erics350x
08-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Do you mean a bar attached to the foot shift lever that you operate by hand? :confused:

Yep.......................

Saul
08-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Yep.......................

I'm gunna seriously consider that! Thanks for the suggestion.

Russell 350X
08-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Thats, uhhh, quite different. If your set on keeping the front end that way, you should at least straighten it out some, it dosent look good nor safe. Just my .02

tanks350x
08-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll give you an a for effort on all counts, with that said, what is the deal with the PURPLE Mustang GT?,,, Now that's crossing the line!!!:lol: :lol: I hope to gawd that's not your car:lol: :lol:

Tri-Z 250
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Now get some APE Hangers and a half helmet with the big spike and roll. this trike chopper leads all poker runs for sure!:beer

Saul
08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Thats, uhhh, quite different. If your set on keeping the front end that way, you should at least straighten it out some, it dosent look good nor safe. Just my .02

I'll probably re-do them one day, but I'll be sober this time. :beer

Saul
08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll give you an a for effort on all counts, with that said, what is the deal with the PURPLE Mustang GT?,,, Now that's crossing the line!!!:lol: :lol: I hope to gawd that's not your car:lol: :lol:

Yeah, she used to be red, along with the other dozen 'red' mustangs, then dozen black mustangs and blue and white etc etc etc - so, again, to stand out I went and had her hit with Mopar purple paint.

Now theres only a couple Fox Stangs here so I have more paint choices - so hopefully this summer it will go the color I really wanted - Jet Black with silver saleen stripes on the fenders.

Same color scheme as my Dakota R/T 360.

Saul
08-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Whats wrong with purple??? Nice trike too lol

Thanks bro!

Peace.

Yamatrike400
08-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I like it, put some 28's on the back and a farm tractor rear wheel on the front and she'll make a good mudder! :D

Saul
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I just got off the phone with a guy 3 hours outta town - he has some, in his words - 'mint' rear fenders and he's gunna sell em' to me for 50 bucks! Score.

He says theres not a crack on em anywhere. Hopefully I'll get these this weekend and really put some effort into putting a nice clean paint job on em.

chris200x
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
painting plastics Is a big waste of time IMO. they chip, flake off and scratch in no time. Then they really look like shite IMO

tanks350x
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah, she used to be red, along with the other dozen 'red' mustangs, then dozen black mustangs and blue and white etc etc etc - so, again, to stand out I went and had her hit with Mopar purple paint.

Now theres only a couple Fox Stangs here so I have more paint choices - so hopefully this summer it will go the color I really wanted - Jet Black with silver saleen stripes on the fenders.

Same color scheme as my Dakota R/T 360.

this is my oppinion, that color should be on only 1 car, a "HEMI CUDA" and that's it!!!:naughty: :naughty: , not one of those 5.slows:lol: :lol:

Saul
08-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Well - looks like I'll have my fenders tomorrow. Gunna take my sweet ass time and do them - RIGHT - well - as right as painting plastic can be done. LOL.

Also painted my tank tonight real fast. And procured a front headlight for free.

Jonpin
08-15-2008, 03:16 PM

must agree the trike would be great if it said the Bass Turd "you get the idea that word is apparently bad had no idea":) on the tank or something but that garage slash room is F'in sweet i want one i have bike parts all over my room but i would never fit the whole bike :) could sit on the couch with a cold beer music in the back ground and lookin at the trike ahhh sounds like heaven

WaimakRydah
08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Whats it like to ride? It looks pretty cool. It obviously dont appeal to everyone but I rekon it would be a blast. You must get some stares when u ride it I get people staring at me when Im riding my 200S around and thats pretty much just a stock trike.

Saul
08-15-2008, 10:36 PM
must agree the trike would be great if it said the Bass Turd "you get the idea that word is apparently bad had no idea":) on the tank or something but that garage slash room is F'in sweet i want one i have bike parts all over my room but i would never fit the whole bike :) could sit on the couch with a cold beer music in the back ground and lookin at the trike ahhh sounds like heaven

Seriously bro - sat down tonight - put the painted gas tank on and went for a ride, came back - shut the 250 Big Black off and just drank a few beer with the Mrs. while listening to the new GNR leaks and drinking beers while talking bikes (trikes and quads - we have one of both) - sitting on a big ass leather couch and lazy boy chair.

We have friends down for hold 'em twice a week and *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* - it's cool.

Saul
08-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Whats it like to ride? It looks pretty cool. It obviously dont appeal to everyone but I rekon it would be a blast. You must get some stares when u ride it I get people staring at me when Im riding my 200S around and thats pretty much just a stock trike.

It is HONESTLY NOT BAD too ride. Looking at it might make ya think it would be a nite mare - but man - I put the tank on again tonight and BLASTED ther hell out of her around my 'trails' and she really handles well - you just gotta take into consideration WHAT YOUR RIDING - it isnt a normal big red or a normal trike - it is what it is - but it's still driveable .... and it's fun.

and stares?! man, I get stares, thumbs up right down to people STOPPING me on trails asking me about the trike. It's fun - awesome - I'm so GLAD I didn't let this trike go to a junkyard and decided to rescue it and do what I've done.

P.S. trike fans - got better fenders today!! Gunna sand and paint em real nice soon. Updated pics asap! Maybe even video!@!

p.p.s - if anyone wants to see video to see how this thing rises just speak up here and I'll try to make it happen.

tri-Z ripper
08-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Git-r-done

WaimakRydah
08-17-2008, 04:20 AM
It is HONESTLY NOT BAD too ride. Looking at it might make ya think it would be a nite mare - but man - I put the tank on again tonight and BLASTED ther hell out of her around my 'trails' and she really handles well - you just gotta take into consideration WHAT YOUR RIDING - it isnt a normal big red or a normal trike - it is what it is - but it's still driveable .... and it's fun.

and stares?! man, I get stares, thumbs up right down to people STOPPING me on trails asking me about the trike. It's fun - awesome - I'm so GLAD I didn't let this trike go to a junkyard and decided to rescue it and do what I've done.

P.S. trike fans - got better fenders today!! Gunna sand and paint em real nice soon. Updated pics asap! Maybe even video!@!

p.p.s - if anyone wants to see video to see how this thing rises just speak up here and I'll try to make it happen.

Yea upload a video. I myself have a lowrider push bike. How does that thing handle the trials? Is the front suspension still as good as it would be with the standard fork size?

BOB MARLIN
08-18-2008, 09:49 AM
??????????

Saul
08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
??????????

What's your question? :confused: