PDA

View Full Version : Parts for my Dream Tiger

iowarotax
08-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks to Chris in Minn for driving down today with a bunch of NOS Tiger parts. I cant believe I just typed NOS in front of Tiger. Ha Ha. Anyway heres 2 narrow front fenders that have never been mounted. A set of narrow trips, never mounted. The wide ones have been used , but I will get them anodized. The steering stem , never used. Two of the rotors are NOS, and the other is used. The rear caliper mounts are new. The axle is new. I cant tell if the sprocket hubs have been used or not. A couple of decent shape stickers. And last but not least a Tiger 500 frame that still needs a few mounting brackets welded on. This frame have never been used!! Im looking for #s on it now. I plan on turning my 200 into a Wide Tiger. With the parts I got off ebay a couple weeks ago, I have a complete wide front end. Then Im gonna be hunting for parts for the 500. I may have some stuff to sell. I will keep the guys that PMed updated. And a pic of my 250, I just couldnt resist that cool shot of her sitting in the sun. Oh yeah, the radiator is new, just a little wear from being moved around for the last 23 years. The sleeves are for the 250.

edog
08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I like those tripples!

Sweet score!!!

iowarotax
08-09-2008, 05:41 PM
The wide trips are pretty grey looking. Im not sure if the wide trips were gold anodized or not. I might try and clean them up a little to see how they look. But I really like the gold ones.

mikeftlaud
08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
My wide tripples are gold

blue27
08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
cool deal !!!!!!!!!

I love Tiger pics

iowarotax
08-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks Mike. There is a slight glimmer of gold color on the trips in certain places. It looks like the wide tripples need 38mm forks.

iowarotax
08-28-2008, 10:56 PM
A few more vital pieces to the Tiger 500!! I may have found an engine, just trying to get the deal done.

Eric250R
08-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Nice, I wish you luck.

scooterroo
08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
i just gotta ask, where and how do you guys find all this tiger stuff?

iowarotax
08-31-2008, 07:45 AM
I have got lucky and found my 250 by accident. I went to look at a Tri-Z and the Tiger roller was in the back of a truck in the far corner of the shed. I got my 200 from a guy that called me up and saw one of my want ads on a vintage MX site.

tanks350x
08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
nice score,, I've never even heard of Tiger's before joining this site

SpeedBump
08-31-2008, 09:23 AM
A few more vital pieces to the Tiger 500!! I may have found an engine, just trying to get the deal done.
I just talked to a guy yesterday that has a complete Tiger500 engine...just sitting. Not sure if he wants to part with it or not. I don't want to call him out here in the forums, but I'll see him at SmithRd MX tomorrow and I'll be sure to ask him about it. If he is interested, I would assume you two can get together.

iowarotax
08-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah, let me know! I have Tiger 250 engines to trade or $$$$.

FLAME-200X
08-31-2008, 07:04 PM

You are well cum for the ether parts hope to see the 500 doe soen.
Thanks agin for cumming up this time for the ether staf.
Thanks Chris

iowarotax
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
No, Thank You Chris!!!

iowarotax
09-02-2008, 11:56 PM
The powerplant for the Tiger 500!!. Been sitting for 20+ years. Hardly run. No grease or oil on it, just cruddy dust. One step closer to the finish line. Thanks for all the help! Will clean it up tommorow night and get some good pics.

Jonpin
09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
check this guy out for some polishing stuff his stuff looks amazing im going to try to get him on some of my stuff

http://racereflections.webonsites.com/index.html

iowarotax
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I cleaned the engine up a little tonight. There is quite a few nics in the black paint. The cylinder cleaned up nice for just a once over. I was told by a Rotax expert that the serial # starting with a X and ending with a X, was the motors that were considered a kit engine. He thinks that Tiger used these in the 500. If anyone out there has a Tiger 500, let me know your serial #. Im thinking about using the pieces I need off my 200 to start the 500 project. More pics to come.

FLAME-200X
09-03-2008, 09:50 PM
The powerplant for the Tiger 500!!. Been sitting for 20+ years. Hardly run. No grease or oil on it, just cruddy dust. One step closer to the finish line. Thanks for all the help! Will clean it up tommorow night and get some good pics.

That motor looks good take care of her it has harely eny run time on it!You are well cum and thank you for driving up to mn .

Thanks Chris

Bigbore
09-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Man, I think that build is too much for you!

I think you should send it my way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iowarotax
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I will get it together if it kills me! I thank you for the offer to take it off my hands, but this one is staying in Iowa! Im looking for rear hubs, swingarm and carrier, seat, shock, pegs and rear brake pedal. If I cant find these parts, Im more than likely gonna use the stuff from my 200 project.

Vealmonkey
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Bob, How is the 500 build coming along? I've got to say, you will love riding that 500. I'm just glad on our first time out on the 500, that we didn't have tires that hooked up in the grass to well. The front end was trying to come up with the tires spinning! Craziest trike I've ever ridden. I hope to get the front brakes working soon though. LOL I got real close to the edge of the area we were riding in and grabbed the front brakes and they just weren't there. I'm glad the rear was working fine. About the only close call on the trike. A little interesting to get started, but fine after the first time. Best of luck with the build.

iowarotax
12-06-2008, 03:23 AM
The only progress that has been made is the tank is at my friends who does restos on boats. He has fixed the tank and is getting it ready to be painted white. I am in the middle of trapping season and will be pretty busy untill mid Jan. I hope then to get some more done.