PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question to help me make some decisions.

J.D.
06-17-2003, 11:47 PM
I took my Z out for a ride, no probs at all. I go to start it up again about 2 hrs later, and I hear a knock, I didn't think much of it cuz I had to get home quick. After I got home and what needed be taken care of done, I tore into it. Took off exhause pipe and it looked at piston, looked a little beat up, but I poked at it, AND IT MOVED?!?!? I put it further up into the bore, where I figured it wouldn't move, but I could still touch the bottom of the piston and it still moved? I have no choice but to do a top end job, don't I? The noise I'm hearing sounds like it's coming directly from the jug, a clanking sorta noise, maybe PISTON SLAP??? Man this sucks BALLLZZZZZZZZ! Holla back homiezzz, I need some advizeeee bitznash!@!! BLAAHSHHSSD I"M GOING INSANE IT"S ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER WITH THIS THING!!!!!!! I finally get my shifter to stop slippingh, now this!! BALDHFHGJKLHFJHFHJKLHL(_&R0&)*&!)&*%&!!!!!

Manny55
06-17-2003, 11:52 PM
I cant help u but i know how u feel i got an R that there is always something wrong wit it well talk to u later

plkmonster2
06-18-2003, 02:50 AM
yeah..... hmmm.... i wouldn't ride it too much like that.... it could ruin the sleeve.... and it is prolly piston slap, a mower i had (2 stroke) did that. ran it like that for another mowing and the engine just went kurput.... it practically ruined the whole engine. it tore up the crank and bearings, and left metal everywhere. but, how would it be fine i day, then bad the next? what ratio of gas are you using? did you just take the engine apart and put it together wrong? hmmmm

plkmonster2
06-18-2003, 02:59 AM
bebeav has almost the same problem. does your piston have "rails"? did it extremly overheat? maybe all the overheating probs you had contributed? did you let the engine cool before you tested the "slap"? if not, try it again.. the piston could have cooled faster than the cylinder, causing it to have more slap..

J.D.
06-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Engine has never extremely overheated, but I can see slight railing on it, not very deep but barely there, I'm using 32:1 Yamalube racing oil and I've never taken the jug off....I think I'm just gonna do a top-end job for the hell of it, once I get my YTMrunning again. That thing has been sitting in pieces since last November.

rippn250R
06-18-2003, 01:18 PM
My tecate had the same problem, thats because my rings were worn down to nothing. Mine lost compression and the piston was slapping around. It sounds like you have the same problem but im not 100% sure. Maybe another reason could be your crank bearings are worn and the the rod is just knocking around in there, i would definitely tke the top end off and look at it.

J.D.
06-18-2003, 04:07 PM
-New info-

It's not the piston afterall, it's something to do with the ac generator. I can roll it, and something else clanks around with it(looks like the whole plate back there just moves with it for a second, then stops). I tried to get it off but that nut is on there so tight I can't get it off, and the Haynes book offers no help, what do you fellas suggest? Is it safe to ride like this??? Lights still work too...........hmmmm.....