PDA

View Full Version : 350X steering stem

JayP
06-17-2003, 09:52 PM
I got my partsfish order today finally. Got the swing arm and shock on but noticed the shock upper bolt has the threads ruined. The frame-side threads are fine thankfully. Anyone have a good upper shock bolt?

My problem came when I tried to install the steering stem and tripple. I got new seals for top and bottom and cleaned and regreased. When I tighten the top nut it makes the stem so tight you can't turn it. If I loosen it where I can turn it easily then it will back off the nut a little each turn. If I tighten medium it makes the turning very rough. The bearings were all there and good and the races were fine so what is the problem? It worked good before I cleaned and regreased. I think the top seal is a problem area, if i leave it off it works better. Which way does this seal go? flat edge toward frame? or flat edge in the nut retainer?

If anyone has experience with this please let me in on the secret. and I know: should have got a taper kit. I asked RAD Manuf. if they had one when I bought my axle carrier and they said no.

Jay