PDA

View Full Version : rear shock fluid question

AJZ_200X
08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
I did some researching, but failed to find what im looking for. The rear shock braided line on my 350x got caught in my chain and ripped a hole in it. I was able to get a new line and purchase new atf fluid. The problem is, the manual does not state where or how you fill the resevoir, shock and line back to its correct levels. I see the nitrogen valve on the resevoir, but fail to see where to fill it with fluid. How do you bleed the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

fabiodriven
08-05-2008, 07:32 PM
I would ask sblt500r. He seems to be the go-to guy on the shocks

AJZ_200X
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
cool. Will do. thanks

Dirtcrasher
08-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Is that the OEM manual? 86? I'm not sure about the 85 manual as it's different than the 86, but I thought it had a very good chapter on it. It was very specific as to filling each item by itself until no bubbles were left etc etc.... The 85/86 manual has a red cover if you don't have it. The one DAMMIT offers has the stuff in it for you.....

AJZ_200X
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
yea i took a look at Dammit's manual. Thats really cool that he has that available. Anyway, i brought it into a shop to have it done because the coil just had too much pressure on the two upper threaded nuts on top. They charged me $150 to have it done when they quoted me at $50. Lets just say i had a word with their manager...I told him to go take a walk...your not getting my money LOL. :Bounce