PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a decal kit?

elcamino12sec
08-02-2008, 10:12 PM
For a 1985 ATC 200s? Fender Decals and the two warning lables on the tank.

tanks350x
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Whatever you do dont go to Honda, you'll get humped in a big way, try E-bay, got some decals for my 350X pretty cheap

elcamino12sec
08-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Have not seen any on ebay for three months. There are some for an 84 from time to time. But I cant put 84 decals on an 85, its just not right, ya know?

big schott
08-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Give Harlan a call. hjlysne@charter.net
He has most kits and they are done to Honda specs. They look great and he's not bad on the price.

elcamino12sec
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Yep, already got ahold of it from ebay and he has been telling me that he will have them in a month, that was three months ago. Oh well, guess I will wait since Im not really in a hurry anyway.

big schott
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Harlan is retired and does this in his "spare time". I live in a small town about 50 miles from him and he has been after me to buy the whole collection and start selling the decals.
I would but, i can't find a printing company like he uses to make exact copies.
I'll talk to him and see if their is anything I can do to get these for you.
Tom

unclejack857
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Did you try speedandsportgraphics? I bought a set for my Trimoto and they look great! Good quality too! Jack

cybrman
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
My 2 cents....
I wouldn't deal with Harlan if he was the last man on earth.
Started talking to him a couple of months ago about 250sx stickers, seemed nice enough.
But when it came down to it he tried to sell me stickers for $86 bucks or something and they were the same dang thing I could buy on ebay for $36.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot or something, but he never answered a single email after I informed him that I could buy the same thing on ebay for half the cost. Seemed very shady to me at the time!

Buyer Beware!

Tres Amigo
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Harlan Rocks! I have always had quick turn-around from him. Decals are exact and easy to apply.

elcamino12sec
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Harlan is retired and does this in his "spare time". I live in a small town about 50 miles from him and he has been after me to buy the whole collection and start selling the decals.
I would but, i can't find a printing company like he uses to make exact copies.
I'll talk to him and see if their is anything I can do to get these for you.
Tom

I would appreciate that. Im not in a hurry and dont mind waiting another month or two. But like the other guy, Im not intrested in spending an arm and a leg for some decals. Just figured a set of fender and tank warning decals would spruce it up a little before I put it up for sale. But any help would be great. Is he the one that sells the ATC 70 decals on ebay?

elcamino12sec
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Did you try speedandsportgraphics? I bought a set for my Trimoto and they look great! Good quality too! Jack

Tried a search for speed and sport graphics and could not find it. Can you send a link?

big schott
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
He usualy has a few differant sets on e-bay but, I will agree with cybrman. He does want too much for the decals individually. I'm sure that the cost is from the company that reproduces them. The decals are great reproductions but I think they need to be made as a set. (if possible)
I have also though that some of the decals need to be resized for the Maier plastic. For example... The 350X Maire plastic does not look the same in the back. I have taken black tape and made it look like the rear fender flap on the OEM and I would like to resize the "350X ATC" decal to fit the rear Flap.

Like I said I would love to buy all the originals from him but, I don't think I can find a place to reproduce them at a resonable cost and still make at least 10%. (wich is not enough)
I'll keep in touch.
Tom

big schott
08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
I got a response back from Harlan today. Sounds like his printing place where he gets his copys made is backed up. He figured at least a couple weeks before he will know anything.
Till then.

elcamino12sec
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Thats alright I can wait. I have been doing allot of work around the house pulling my little trailer full of trees and limbs I have cut down with the chain saw. Its kinda handy having it around for working, maybe it will justify keeping it? And to think I bought it to fix and make a couple dollars.