PDA

View Full Version : Where do you run your front forks?

njeffery
07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey I got my tri-z about a month ago and it's seems more tipie then other trikes owned so I ordered the 2.5 wheel spacers and lowered the front forks an inch so it sits 1.5" down from the valve stem. it has the stock shock in the rear so it sits pretty low when I'm on it I'm 230lb. But just wanted to know where anyone has there forks at?

njeffery
07-29-2008, 11:13 PM
It's also the first racer trike I have owned and goes alot faster then any other trike I have ridden so that may be why it seems more tipie.:)

Hoosier_Daddy
07-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Tri Z's were known to have handling issues because of their design. I have a tecate and I have my forks all the way flush at the top. 250R's probably handle a little better then the Tecates do so most with 250R probably have them flush too. Not sure. But your Tri Z feeling tippy is actually a common problem.

tecat-z
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
There's a factory scribed mark on tri-z forks. I run them there for starters. But depending on height of tire you run, it can come down. All trikes handle differently, so you must adjust riding posture and use english. I love my tri-z's handling, as well as my Tecates. Just takes some adjustment.

Hoosier_Daddy
07-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I have to admit, what I said above is not from experience. I've only rode a Tri Z a few times and not enough to really get the hang of it. My post was based in the hear say that i hear a lot of people complaining about. So, you may want to take that with a grain of salt because obviously Tecat-z likes the handling so....

chris200x
07-30-2008, 02:02 AM
I think the Z is very comfy. Excpecially for a bigger rider. It feels like you sit lower on the bike (compared to others) and the gastank under the seat makes it feel more stable IMO.

cr480r
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey I got my tri-z about a month ago and it's seems more tipie then other trikes owned so I ordered the 2.5 wheel spacers and lowered the front forks an inch so it sits 1.5" down from the valve stem. it has the stock shock in the rear so it sits pretty low when I'm on it I'm 230lb. But just wanted to know where anyone has there forks at?

remember that moving the forks up in the tripples changes the rake... its makes it turn much quicker, with much less stability... which is probably not the result you are looking for

njeffery
07-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks for all the info. I got my spacers today but they where to small 4x100mm my hubs are 4x110mm, I think thats stock right?