PDA

View Full Version : DUDES seat foam!

oscarmayer
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I found a place that sells the generic foam, and you cna shape it to fit your needs and even get different thicknessess and firmnessess. (ok so my spelling sucks)

http://www.foambymail.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I'm going to get a 18x30" HD36 High Quality foam for my trike seats. 3" thick. I figure i can use razors to shape it and sanding to finish it off the way it needs to be.

thoughts?

Vealmonkey
07-25-2008, 11:35 AM
No don't use razors, use an electric carving knife. You'd be suprised how good it works. Slowly sneak up on the shape whittling little pieces off at a time. It works better that way than trying to cut off big chunks. You might trash your first foam masterpiece, but don't give up or get frustrated. The seat cover will hide alot of sins.

oscarmayer
07-25-2008, 04:54 PM
good suggestion!!! yea i figured it woudl take me a couple of tries.

SWIGIN
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
my buddy took a high trx seat and cut it down for height on a band saw.

it dont sound like it would work to well but it was stiff foam and it cut perfect

i own it now......great seat

83ATC185S
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
good idea i need a seat on my junker 200,just need some fabric now, i have an old rotten pan and cut fenders but that isnt too comfy on the tooshie

i58829
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Very cool i've never looked into it but that looks reasonable. All you will need is some marine (generally UV/water resistant) seat vinyl and you can make a pretty nice seat for not a lot of money...