PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x frame worth it?

oscarmayer
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
i have a chane to get a 200x frame only no forks or swing arms for $10. is it worth it, or is that asking too much since there's so much it needS? will all my 185s parts bolt up to it minus the rear swing arm and axle assembly?

Dirtcrasher
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
No offense Oscar, but what do you expect to pay? I mean, it IS a frame, be it in good shape or bad. But it is OEM and steel and ......

Yeah, there a dime a dozen and I wouldn't pay more than 30$ for a decent one or 200$ for a minty but 10$ these days is a pack and a half of smokes, a six pack and a slim jim or 2.5 gallons of gas :lol:

EDIT - and rollers are nice but hard to come by. If your trying to build from SCRATCH then a 10$ frame is a slow start and a blown up 250$ trike may be where it's at for ya. That 185 motor may be a bolt on, other guys would know more about that but I believe it has the same bolt pattern etc etc............

oscarmayer
07-23-2008, 11:40 PM
i was just wondering cause then i could have rear suspension for the wifey. but it's OK, i think it's going to be way too much work.

i know $10 isn't any biggie. i was wondering if it was worth my time at all is all. sorry if it sounded like i was focusing on the $. i'll try to be more clear so i get the right answers. please excuse me, i'm still not 100% from little sleap the other night.

Tres Amigo
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Have I seen that same post on CL for a while now. He has a 350X frame as well. I would much rather spend a little more and get a bomb roller and get the extra parts.

oscarmayer
07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
yea that's what i was thinking. a roller would be best cause then my 185s parts can drop right in.
yea i can fab some rear arms, but the axle and brake setup would end up costing me as much as a roller.

Taiser
07-24-2008, 10:03 PM
LOL I paid 100 bucks for a vanilla 250r frame, then another 100 to get it shipped :(, mind you it was in great shape. For 10 bucks what do you think can possibly be wrong with it? If it's bent then you're out the price of a movie ticket..but you can check for that so who cares! Geez buy it, I'll give you 15 bucks for it!!! :D

oscarmayer
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
you want it? i'll buy it and you can pay me the $10 + shipping i'll send it to ya if you want it. let me know.

oscar@mayer.net i'm going near there sat. so if you want it, email me asap and i'll go get it and you just owe the shipping and $10 (ok maybe an extra $5 for lunch :p. hey lunch at bk is cheaper than gas.)