PDA

View Full Version : Any "NEW" front master cylinders in black??

Dirtcrasher
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
So, I'm about to use some newer models parts on mine/our ancient trikes.

A new front master cylinder for the 450R is about 70$ and the rear caliper is around 90$. To me buying 22yo parts and rebuilding them is a waste of time and money. I actually ride unlike EDOG:D with his dog and pony show :lol:

They will be brand new, updated and adapted to an ATC.

So, I went to the dealer today to check how they would fit and look and they are both silver in color and I'd rather have black.

How about the Yamaha quads? or the Suzuki's? anyone know the color scheme on those parts?? Looking for new, black and a good price.

THX 4 any help!!

250rfan
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
So, I'm about to use some newer models parts on mine/our ancient trikes.

A new front master cylinder for the 450R is about 70$ and the rear caliper is around 90$. To me buying 22yo parts and rebuilding them is a waste of time and money. I actually ride unlike EDOG:D with his dog and pony show :lol:

They will be brand new, updated and adapted to an ATC.

So, I went to the dealer today to check how they would fit and look and they are both silver in color and I'd rather have black.

How about the Yamaha quads? or the Suzuki's? anyone know the color scheme on those parts?? Looking for new, black and a good price.

THX 4 any help!!

Get edog to rattle can the new 450 parts:D ,,,,,,,lol.

DC, i was just about to buy a 450 front master for my 86 250r, i'll be watching this thread to see what info you receive.:D

I also like the 450 tail light, i think i may upgrade to the 450 tail light.

Dirtcrasher
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Thats the thing Gordon, why rebuild 23yo calipers and masters?? We can adapt anything to our trikes and then won't have to worry about finding rebuild kits for another 20 years.

I LOVE the OEM 85/86 250R dual piston caliper and I have a few of them ready to PC and rebuild and then I'll probably sell them. If they were such an advantage, Honda would be using them on the new heavier quads.

If I can get a complete 450R caliper for about 90$, I'd be crazy to "hang on to the past" Same thing with the master cylinder and there dirty fluid level windows - I'd rather go NEW!!

I just gotta find some Black stuff - Might be the Yami quads, well see...........................

SWIGIN
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
i cant think of any black master cyl........heres mine off a newer yz 450

i like the dirt bike unit better since its more compact

250rfan
07-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Thats the thing Gordon, why rebuild 23yo calipers and masters?? We can adapt anything to our trikes and then won't have to worry about finding rebuild kits for another 20 years. I LOVE the OEM 85/86 250R caliper and I have a few of them ready to PC and rebuild and then I'll probably sell them.

If I can get a complete 450R caliper for about 90$, I'd be crazy to "hang on to the past" Same thing with the master cylinder and there dirty fluid level windows - I'd rather go NEW!!

I just gotta find some Bl;ack stuff - Might be the Yami quads, well see...........................

Ye, i agree 100%, as your aware DC with most of my bikes i've been tied to 'ORIGINALITY' for one reason or another, but with the 450:D and the 86 250r which am building at the moment,:Bounce am going down the 'NEWER' road when i feel it beneficial.

I'm still not convinced that the single piston TRX 450 rear caliper i have on the 450 is superior to the old 85/86 twin piston, but am hoping to find this out tomorrow:naughty: :naughty: .

tecat-z
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Late model ltz400 front master. Thats what i've used on my tecate for years. Outstanding braking pressure and brand new! They can be had off ebay complete with lever. Lever is natural aluminum color, so i use all oem yamaha yz250 clutch perch and rubber cover, adjuster and natural lever. The reason being is the perch is black like the oem ltz master. Perfect match and even the levers have duplicate ends. Perfect like the factory would have done it. I also use a ltz 400 rear master. A plate has to be made to use, but again it fits perfect and has lots of pressure to the caliper and a modern feel.

sblt500r
07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
yup the suzukis have black master cylinders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-Z400-KFX400-BRAKE-LEVER-MASTER-CYLINDER-LTZ400_W0QQitemZ230270032529QQihZ013QQcategoryZ439 74QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp 1638Q2em118Q2el1247