PDA

View Full Version : Got the 90 running today

ATC350X 85
06-16-2003, 09:07 PM
I got it to start up using a cut open fuel filter plastic case and connecting a fuel hose to the carb with some gas in it. It idles super high. I cleaned out the carb today, but i dont think that did it any good. The drain hose on the bottom of the carb leaks out fuel when the gas is on. The external idle adjustment doesnt seem to work for trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. I think a carb rebuilt kit might do the trick, but what should i look for to get the idle down before i go buying a carb rebuilt kit?

jeswinehart
06-16-2003, 11:09 PM
i dought if you have or somebody else b-4 you has put the slide in the carb 180 degree off. normally they go to a very high r.p.m. .
but you might want to look just in case.

john

benscool1
06-17-2003, 01:17 AM
That happened to my friends 90 when he first got it a few years back. It was the spark plug, either clean yours real good or buy a new one, if that doesn't fix it, at least it can't hurt.

ATC350X 85
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Well I did in fact have the slide in backwards :rolleyes: but once the choke is off the thing will idle up real high again. I dont have a clue what the settings are on this carb. I dont have an air filter for it yet or the tube that goes to the air filter housing, so partially that could be part of the problem. Now the carb gasket is leaking so im just gonna buy a rebuild kit. Anyone know the setting on the carb?

cbuttre835
06-18-2003, 08:56 AM
I start with mixture screw backed out 1 3/4 rounds. Back idle adjuster out all the way, until you can 'feel' it let go of the slider. it shouldn't start or will run real slow, then go in w/ it in 1/4 rd increments...

Works on 70's and the 110. I think the Clymer book says 1 1/8 round; but 1 3/4 works for me... usually never mess with it. Plus I'm running open Uni sock filters not the airbox...

Joel85350X
06-18-2003, 10:19 AM
If it hasn't run in a long time, the carb probably has a lot of varnish type buildup in it from old gas. A rebuild kit would probably do the trick, and also soaking all of the carb parts in a good cleaner overnight would be good too. Don't cut corners on a $2.00 spark plug either, replace it for good measure. You might keep the old one for a spare, though. Best of luck.

ATC350X 85
06-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Im going to order a rebuilt kit for the carb, i ordered a new float for it from honda the other day, but they dont offer a rebuilt kit. I need to clean out the gas tank and use the kreem kit to seal it up, cause right now id get a carb full a rust.