PDA

View Full Version : 250r Rebuid...general questions...help

Taiser
07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey guys...

Currently at the near final stages of finishing the rebuild of a 86 250r. Trying to keep this completely stock. Believe it or not every part I've gotten is from e-bay. Yeah the bikes are THAT rare here.

I've rebuilt plenty of trikes before but this is my first 2 stroker water pumper, aside from boat motors and the like. Currently being assembled, then I'll make sure she runs then she'll be coming apart again and be totally repainted. BUT I got a few questions...

1- I can't seem to get the wiring harness to fit right and yes it's the right one, seems like a lot of it should be right in front of the rad for the switch connections but I'd like to see how it's actually run along the frame

2-The rear fender brace has me scratching my head. For the life of me I can't figure out where the hell this goes.

The shop manual is useless for the placement of these things with the "exploded" view.

If anyone has any photos of their bikes without the plastics and tank could they post them here? The closer the better...specifically of the wiring layout and the fender brace. I'd also appreciate any close up photos of the bikes just to make sure I don't miss anything. Thanks guys! :beer