PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z porting. How much performance is gained?

Shawn72
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I just sent my cylinder and head to LC performance to be ported. I told them I wanted to get the Wrench Report Phase I engine mod done. he has ported many tri-z 250s and told me that he could do this but would have to modify the specs from the original mod to get max performance out of the engine. My question is this: How much performance gain can i expect?

300rman
07-17-2008, 01:09 PM
if its done right, it will be a whole new animal. a wider, stronger powerband is what to expect.

03 ORANGE SHEE
07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
lynn chavuie did my bashee engine with a full drag port and it ripped..he really knows his stuff, but you have to follows the instrution to a T in order for it to run like the paper says. a dg pipe will not work well with that port. nathan in va.

Shawn72
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
lynn chavuie did my bashee engine with a full drag port and it ripped..he really knows his stuff, but you have to follows the instrution to a T in order for it to run like the paper says. a dg pipe will not work well with that port. nathan in va.

If that's the case, I still have the stock pipe. I will try both and see how it feels.

Dirtcrasher
07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
DEEPA got some HUGE gains with a cylinder ported by YAMAHONDAMAN !!

He loves that motor..........

tri-Z ripper
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
i agree deepas Z rips that's for sure cant wait to line em up with him when mine is ready!