PDA

View Full Version : 350x questions

Jonpin
07-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Im thinking about getting a 86 350x that looks to be in good but not mint condition its a grainy pic the guy sais it runs good just needs a clutch hes asking 800 for it, does it sound like a good deal id have to drive 2 hrs just to go look at it i havnt called yet but iv been wanting a 350x never rode one befor and im not sure how hard it is to get parts for helpful comments would be great

Thanx for reading
Jon

350xrider911
07-17-2008, 03:00 AM
there pretty bad try to ride it at least have him start it let it run, for a while and check the oil. cluches 60 bucks, and 21 bucks for gasket. not bad

Aoudini
07-17-2008, 03:23 AM
Maybe you could ask him to send you more pictures. 800 dollars seems like an ok deal, but maybe you can ask him if he would take less. If you decide to look at the trike, check all the chassis bearings like front wheel, rear swing arm, rear axle carrier, if anything wobbles then they need new ones. Bearings run between 20-40 usually. Definitely start it up and let it run for a bit. If it smokes bad like black smoke then the rings are bad and its burning oil. The parts for a 350x are always available on ebay.

As for a good running 350x, they are great for trail riding in the woods. I drove my friend's 350x around and it had a lot of torque for climbing over things and it ran good at low speeds for maneuvering through some tight terrain. But it can still fly fast down the straight aways when you get on it. I would say the 350x is a lot of fun, but this is just my .02 cents. I hope it helps

keister
07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
Parts are plentiful on ebay. People part out 350X's everyday.
The right price for a "good" 350X is $1000-$1500, so if his asking price is $800and you can get it for $600 or $700, you have some wiggle room to make it nice.
1986 is the year you want on the 350.
I say bite the bullet for the gas money and check it out. That said, if this is not the one for you, pass it up, another 350X will come along.

Jonpin
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Great thank you all for the input im probly going to go check it out ill call and see if he will take less to ofcoarse now that im more comfortable buying it its probly gone LOL!

Dirtcrasher
07-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I too place a nice 350X in about the 1500$ range. Can't hurt to check it out.....

tri-Z ripper
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
hell if it runs buy it my philosphy!

Russell 350X
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
If it dont smoke, looks good, runs good, and all of the bearings are tight, I'd say go for it. Like someone already said, clutches are 60$, and there simple to change.

clong
07-18-2008, 06:49 PM
$800 is a great price if its all there. If the plastic is original and in decent shape, that can be worth $800 right there if the garnish is still on the back. See if it smokes, check bearings, look at the oil and air filter for maintenance. No frame cracks. Ask if the tires hold air. Check the seat if its OEM and for tears. The more the original equipment the more valuable. No worries on the clucth $80 OTD to fix.

As for riding a 350X, its the best trike out there. I know thats a bold statement and I love my 250R but my 350X is pure pleasure to ride. You can short shift the thing into any gear and still lug up and over anything and pitch it out with "seat of the pants" predictable power...love it.

Jonpin
07-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Sounds good i think im going to go pick one up today actually the onei was looking at the guys phone number soesnt work anymore but the one im looking at now is an 85 with red plastic lil faded he said and the clutch works just a lil hard to pull in and it runs and goes said it dont smoke that hes seen hes only rod it around the "back yard"? i noticed the right hand side tank plastic is broke but i think im going to get this one for 350$ or 400$ so im sure im going to buy it and the front rim is bent a lil not sure if u can straighten that without breaking it or not ill definatly post if i get it and tell the story

Jonpin
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
well i got the 350x and cheaper than expected but more beat then expected also im going to start a new thread for the work im going to be doing on it i ended up getting the bike for 280$ i said 275$ and he beat me out of 5$ but w/e didnt even think about it at the time on the 1hr and 1/2 ride home i was like wtf its was 5 $ difference but anyways im going to be stripping it down and bothering you guys with lots of questions and needed parts :w00t:

Gag_Halfront
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Good deal. It's a fun trike and there's plenty of people around this board who know them inside and out if you run into trouble. The only thing I'm worried about is if the forks are straight if the front wheel is bent.

Let's see the pics so we can see what you're working with. :D

Jonpin
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
yea the rim looked worse in the pic then it realy is its not bent bad at all and the forks seem fine needs alot of work though