PDA

View Full Version : ATV's cause forest fires ad!!!

Name Brand
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
This was passed on to me and it only took a few minutes to send them a note about how irresponsible this public service announcement was and making ATV use look like the culprit of forest fires...

Looks like we have another anti OHV smear campaign going on. Check
> this
> out:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowvlUmXMvQ
>
> http://www.stateforesters.org/smokey_bear/smokey_bear
>
>
> To formally request pulling the ad down:
> Amy Grant at agrant@adcouncil.org
> Sarah McCreary at smccreary@stateforesters.org H. Cleveland at
> hcleveland@fs.fed.us
>
Please send them a note.

So what does everyone think about this? :crazy:

Tri-ZNate
07-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Thats why there are spark arrestors

Twilight
07-13-2008, 04:42 PM
"Forest fire in Manitoba may have been sparked by ATVs
2008 May 25, Sunday, 20:20 — monado

A fire in southern Manitoba is spreading after it started on ATV trails during a rally of all-terrain vehicles, which went ahead in spite of the extreme fire risk. The fire has spread to about 300 hectares (7500 acres).

Firefighters say that the muffler of an ATV against dry grass is hot enough to start a fire.

The rally was called off four hours early.

This is a wasteful, wasteful hobby."

That is probably a response to this above^^

sgp56
07-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Yea, its just the man trying to stop our fun.Stick it to the man. They stopped our 3wheelers from being made anymore and now this is the first step in trying to stop 4whelers.I sent all of the emails.

brapp
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
cant ride foresr open up the beaches and dunes!!!!!!!!

herdfandave
07-13-2008, 06:43 PM
what a joke!!

tbirdscott
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
"ATV's give off sparks"

BWAhahahahaha Its even worded for city dwelling tree hugging idiots who have never been off a groomed hiking trail in their life.

I cant believe they actually wasted their time on such a stupid commercial. What about cigarette butts? how many people do you see tossing them out the window of their car in the summer?

Scott

Dammit!
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Funny. 2-stroke pipes don't get hot enough to start fires. Too bad they're so terrible for the enviornment. :lol:

WaimakRydah
07-13-2008, 11:15 PM
I have nothing but hate for people like that who are against ATVs being ridden in a certain place they clearly have nothing better to do with there time then moan about a non existant problem

The Goat
07-14-2008, 12:27 AM
is it true they are developing those two strokes oil now that can't ignite in your cylinder, not enough heat?

big schott
07-15-2008, 10:38 PM
2 stroke/4 stroke, Big deal, You are missing the bigger picture here. A year ago here in Minnesota their was a small push for getting rid of ATV's. A add campeign was ran a couple times and it was on the news about how ATV's were causing more deaths in recent years and how they should be "put away" if I remember rite.
They (the radicles)got 3-wheelers, 55 speed limit (I know in some places you can go faster now) smoking bans, 21 drinking age. They will go after ATV's one day.

Keep your eyes on the News. (small print)

Atc GuY
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Mabey while they're at it they ban lighters and matches. Man, I tell ya!

threewheelin-feelin
07-17-2008, 01:13 AM
we have one way to stick it to the man...and thats rock and roll!!! now lets write a song about this! hehe had to steal that line from jack black