PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Pipes

BlueWheeler
06-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Hey guys I have a 84 250R and I want to replace the stock pipe and silencer cause they are kinda starting to rust a bit. I have found this site http://motojoe.com/atv/paulturner/pipes/2strokes.htm
if you scroll down Paul Turner has a pipe for the ATC 250R but they are not year specific. Does that matter or do all the pipes on the ATCs come out the same?? Also a friends dad has a alcohol banshee and it runs really really cool. I was wondering how hard would it be to convert a air cooled 250R to alcohol to keep it running cooler???

Went to Sand lake this today and got to play for the first time on the 250R. Here is a pic of it with my girl on it and her truck next to it....

out_of_order
06-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Dang dude!!! She is HOT!!! The bike of course, lol. ;) Dont know too much about 250r's so no help here, sorry.

NOS_350X
06-16-2003, 03:21 AM
i belive that there where only a couple brands that made pipes for those years but there is big diffrences from all the 250r's pipes

BlueWheeler
06-16-2003, 04:49 AM
Lets just say that I don't keep her around for just her good looks, the BIKE that is :)

I will call the shop and see what years those pipes fit on. I just got the bike and took it out for the first time today and it is pretty damn lazy after you get used to it. I want a bit more top end. It gets to a point and then does not go any faster.

BLAZERONE22
06-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Like I said, Change that front sprocket back to stock or plus one tooth and you'll gain a ton! I had it set up for trail riding :D

ATC crazy
06-16-2003, 10:33 AM
The '85-'86 R pipes are different from the earlier years.

BLAZERONE22
06-16-2003, 10:38 AM
I think DG and FMF are the only ones that still make a pipe for the aircooleds, I'm not sure on that though. the guy at SMI motorsports can hook you up, he's located in Oregon City.

BlueWheeler
06-16-2003, 05:02 PM
hey blazer the nuts came loose, where did you say I can look for that special one you have? Do they have a website I can order them from ??

I talked to chevy and the bolts are special, they should have them in by wednesday. I will stop by and bring them to you then.