PDA

View Full Version : 200e/200x

adamd
07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
i had a couple of question about the 200's. i know people have made auto x's and these can use the 200e bottom end right? so i have a 200e with a messed up tranny nd a new topend and a good 200x bottomend. so i could put the x tranny on m e and have a clutch 200e/x or am i wrong and how much work is it to put the x tranny in the 200e

thefox
07-13-2008, 04:40 PM
1. The 200e bottom can be used but you have to dent the front frame tube for the starter motor to fit. I have heard that the hi/low box also hits the frame and you need to grind a little bit of the frame for it to clear. So it fits as long as your not planning on jumping the trike as the front tube is a weaker part when the trike is ridden very hard, the swap works fine.

2. It would be a lot of work to put a 200x tranny in the 200e lower and have it work right. For starters you would need to use the E left side of the crank and the X right side, I don't know if everything else lines up because that is as far as I got and decided it wouldn't be worth it.

adamd
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
what have is a 200e that first threw third jerks like crazy and is fine in 4th an 5th.
i am trading 1 of my 250x projects for a running 200x the x comes with a extra bottom end it has every thing but the cylinder and head. im wanting to know if it will fit in the e frame with the e head thanks adam

atctim
07-13-2008, 10:21 PM
What do you mean "jerks like crazy"?

Are you sure your E's clutch just doesn't need adjusted?

adamd
07-13-2008, 10:40 PM
ill tell you the whole thing i was pulling my cusins forman out of a mudhole and right as i got him out the tranny made a couple of popping sounds. it starts and will idle all day. first and second gear just kinda makes this tick with a small pop after it but very faint then third gear it just dosent even go but has a really loud poping sound and 4th and 5th are fine so i think it has done somthing to third gear but i know nothing about trannsmissions the three wheeler has been in my family since my grand pa bought it in 83 it probly never left second gear tell i was givin it for my 15th birthday 2 years ago

Erics350x
07-14-2008, 12:06 AM
i have a good E bottom end i'll trade you for the X bottom end

Yamada
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
My 200e also "jerked like crazy", the cause what that the front sprocket was so worn the chain skipped on the sprocket. You should look for that.

adamd
07-14-2008, 07:03 PM
i havent got the x bottom end yet or do i know iny thing about the 200x three wheelers. the only sport three wheeler ive ever had was a 85 310r of my dads. i have a good friend who basicly just loves working on three wheelers. he has a 200x that he has had since it was new he put a new bottom end in it cas origanl broke the rod and messed up part of the crank. so then he rebilt that one with a new crank rod and gears, clutch basicly every thing as a spare. i am wainting for the x to get new rings. hes puting them in for me and then im trading my 250x for it i just thought the x lower end would work on my e if it wont ill just have to tear into it and see what broke. i dont really whant to trade for iny thing unless its close dont whant to deal with shiping. i know the chain and sprokets were replaced about 3 months ago.

Mikeproc
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
the 200x bottom end will bolt right up to a 200e topend with out probs. if you have a good 200x bottom end and are in need of cylinder or head you can use a 200e but i would look for 200x parts they are cheap and easy to find i have a lot if you decide to go that root

adamd
07-14-2008, 11:51 PM
but will the x bottom fit in the e frame or is modification requiered