PDA

View Full Version : seal question on 86 SX

kyle
06-15-2003, 11:34 PM
i have almost no brakes on my 86 250SX. so today i decided to take a look at my brake shoes. i took the tire off, then the hub, and there is a cover that goes over the brake drum. well when i took that cover loose a $hI+ load of old muddy water came out. i noticed that there is a seal on that cover and its about shot. i know thats how water got in. so i guess my question is, whats the name for that seal? how much do they cost? and are they hard to install? thanks all! oh and whats that cover called that goes over the brake drum? and i do need brake shoes. lol

J.D.
06-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Go to partsfish, and look at the diagrams, you should be able to get the name from it there!

als250
06-16-2003, 12:04 AM
i have almost no brakes on my 86 250SX. so today i decided to take a look at my brake shoes. i took the tire off, then the hub, and there is a cover that goes over the brake drum. well when i took that cover loose a $hI+ load of old muddy water came out. i noticed that there is a seal on that cover and its about shot. i know thats how water got in. so i guess my question is, whats the name for that seal? how much do they cost? and are they hard to install? thanks all! oh and whats that cover called that goes over the brake drum? and i do need brake shoes. lol

1. O-Ring (190x3.0)
2. $10.64 @ bikebandit.com (another good place for schematics)
3.No
4.Brake cover
5.Yes,more than likely. ;)

Al :D :D

kyle
06-16-2003, 11:02 PM
thanks for the replies, Wednesday im taking it over to Timsr's house and he is gonna show me how to replace everything.