PDA

View Full Version : Custom 85' 200X build..Gotta see this !!

sandpuppi101
07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
This machine has been an on/off project for the last year and a half,and she finally got all completed a few week's ago.This is a build that I built for a friend out in PA., and he has'nt even got too see it in person yet ,but he sure would like too see what you guy's all think of it.This machine has pretty much the best of everything on it and has alot of custom work done too it also.Jim ,the fella the trike was built for has had a few of these in his day's and used too race back in the day.Long story short he wanted a 200X ,specifically designed the way he wanted it,but based on a MX machine.It was a constant back and forth on what too doo about this and that ,all the way threw the build,but the communication was great ,and I think he'll love the finished product.He's wanting too show the machine in a fall festival in PA. and he's unsure if he's even gonna ride it.I guess I can't blame him, it is a very nice machine.Enough of that ,let me explain some of the feature's on this machine.
Basically the machine is all there,meaning all the guard's ,cover's ,and light's are OEM ,just a tad modded.The machine is designed too be a MX machine,and I guess if he wanted he could hit the track with it,although I don't know if I would.The steering stop was cut off on the stem and A new one was fitted,too give an extra 15 Degree's ,on the turning radius(OLD SCHOOL MOD).New bushing's and bearing's were used on the whole build and a very nice OEM rear shock was used on the rear.The frame has a deep blue custom paint job with about 10 coat's of clear,no powder on this one.And most of the nut's bolt's and washer's have all been either nickle plated and or gold zinc plated.The motor is on the stock bore with a Hi-compression piston,and a mild cam .Stiffer spring's were added to the clutches as well as new clutch plate's.The motor was stripped down and polished,all while keeping the stock look,in a sence.
Also added were new brake pad's,caliper's were coated and the fitting's all zinc coated.As for the fender's I went with '86-'87 ATC 200X Front and Rear's ,customized too fit.I also added a DG Chromlry exhaust system and Rear bar,and lot's more chrome and nickle.New paint on the tank,'86 ATC 200X wing decal,more bling,custom fork cap's,3/4 twist throttle,custom crakecase breather ,Aussie tank shroud's,Kenda Klaw's on ITP polished rear wheel's,and a new Carlisle frt tire ,and more.
This was a deffinate fun build and I think it turned out really nice,but as far as riding it,I personally ain't sure if I would or not.It's a garage queen in my book and would deffinatly be a nice machine just too show.
Now the question's..Would you ride this machine?? Anything you think you would have done different ?? Any question's on the build just let me know ,I'd be happy to give some info out !! I'm also gonna tell Jim ,the fella in PA. that I built the machine for, too check out this thread,so he'll for sure be checking on your replies also.Let me know what you guy's think and or would have done different ??

sandpuppi101
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
And here's a few more pic's !! Enjoy ...

atctim
07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Super work Roger - SUPER! - I'll have to update your website since this is now done.

Hey Jim - if you read this - this is Tim - Shelly's husband (from the Battery Warehouse). Get hold of us before the Autumn Leaf Festival when you show this - I would like to show a few of mine as well. We won't be showing bikes this year due to the outrageous bias of the judging (the "if it ain't a Harley - it won't place" mentality there is horrible as you saw last year - bunch of posers!) - but heck - I'd love to put a few trikes in the show and to have someone to do it with would be great.

Let us know - and enjoy your new B E A U T I F U L trike:)

Tim

sandpuppi101
07-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks Tim,I'd appreciate putting it up on the site for me.I think you and Jim should put them in the fall show reguardless.I hope Jim like's it..

brapp
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
wow i think you shoudl have used a littl ebit of silver vein powder coat and a littl ebit of red in the body and made a 200x version of my 350x lol

sandpuppi101
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
LOL,that would be neat Josh,I do plan on having a flock of the same year'd machine's all custom,different model's,but that's kinda under wrap's at the moment ..

max
07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I like the colors. Very solid looking racer. Love the rim and tire choice. I would get some stickers on the rear fender. Give a more racey look!!!:drool:

dirtface
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Is this bike from our area, Tim?

tapper190
07-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Another trike done to perfection! Great job Roger,I would have to agree with Max, the bike needs stickers to complete the racing look.
Tapper

atctim
07-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Is this bike from our area, Tim?

Shippenville, PA Doug. That was the guy that had a few trikes for sale in his yard last year and I stopped and talked with him for a while. Then come to find out Roger was doing this for him. Such a small world.