PDA

View Full Version : 250sx won't stay running

sx-elerator
07-10-2008, 08:56 PM
i'm getting really frustrated with my sx, it will start first kick, but when you give any gas at all it will stall and die. could the main jet be partially plugged?

Dirtcrasher
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Of course it could, any part of the carb could be plugged up.

Buy a 15$ carb rebuild kit on EBAY or anywhere and have at it. Grab yourself a manual too if you don't have one.

Lots of teenie tiny stuff in carbs so you'll want to read up on them and then get a good, well lit place to tear into it.

Welcome to 3WW and enjoy the fun or drama or whatever you'd like to call it. All in all, this IS the ONLY place to be for your ATC.......... :)

WaimakRydah
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
id say its *Edited**Edited* carb possibly a dirt filter try cleaning the carb. I had a similar problem when i drowned my 200s but after a good carb cleaning it ran.

sx-elerator
07-10-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks i'll try that
also it runs very rich about once a month it fouls the plug and i have to wire brush it. i've tryed adjusting the air fuel screw, and it still runs rich, should i go down a jet size?

oscarmayer
07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
sounds like a carb rebuild for sure. unless you changed the stocker jets. then yo coudl be runnign way to rich and the needle not set right.