PDA

View Full Version : p/b plate help

sbjones73
07-10-2008, 05:13 AM
ok. i got my parking brake block off plate today from dennis kirk. i went to put it on, and man it just doesn't look like it is right. do i need to make some kind of gasket for it? or what. here is the pics.

sbjones73
07-10-2008, 05:16 AM
just for some info, the rear was leaking like a siv out of the parking brake side. so i figured i would get a plate and i would be done. is this right? or do i need to go further to make it right?

thanks for all the help!!!!!!

LonesomeTriZ
07-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Is there a seal on the inside that is leaking? I do not know how different your Hondas brakes are. But from what I know if they are leaking from the parking brake, you have a leak inside. I would have addressed the leak first. then installed a block off.

sbjones73
07-10-2008, 05:59 AM
i haven't taken out the piston yet, but i would assume that there is a seal. i am going to rebuild the front side of the claiper here in a week or so,(piston o rings are shot for sure) when i get the parts that is.
but do i need to make some kind of gasket? there is no ridge for a seal on the inner side of the block off plate.

thanks

200xman
07-10-2008, 06:50 AM
There should be no gasket. There is a small o ring that seals the shaft sticking out of the back that the parking brake used to push against. If it's leaking you need to rebuild the caliper.

SWIGIN
07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
once you get the leak fixed i would put a thin coat of gasket maker on it just to keep water out

sbjones73
07-11-2008, 05:51 AM
ok i got it thanks to all!!!!!