PDA

View Full Version : blue 70

MO dx
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I have a chance to buy a blue 70. It doesn`t run but the compression sounded ok. pretty good plastics, seats rough, tank has a dent but no visible rust inside. Whats the going price on somthing like that. I think its gonna be make me a offer kinda deal and I need to have an idea whats realistic. No its not gonna be $20 bucks but I was thinking no more then a $100 is that fair or to high for that even being the rare christmas one or isn`t it. Thanks

Vealmonkey
07-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Unless the blue 70 is in really cherry shape, it won't be worth any more than a stock red 70. The blue factory plastics are pretty much impossible to get, even though I mamaged to find a front fender and there might be another front fender available, but not cheap. Rear fenders nos have not been seen for the last few years. The tank and fork can be repaired and the paint matched fairly easily and the blue 70 decals available are reproductions, but very nice. Other than the blue parts, every thing else is the same as a red
70, so don't offer alot unless the trike is like new. The 70s are pretty fun though and if you have one you'll probably end up buying another. If you do ever manage to find some nos blue rear fenders, feel free to give me a shout and I would buy a set from you. Good luck with your new purchase.

WaimakRydah
07-09-2008, 02:40 AM
if the owner dont know much about trikes he might not know how rare the blue 70s are and you could get a good deal

225DX DUDE
07-09-2008, 11:25 AM
if the owner dont know much about trikes he might not know how rare the blue 70s are and you could get a good deal

Exactly you never know, he may not know what he has. And if that is true then you could end up with a very good deal?!

MO dx
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Well I went to look at it today its a little rougher then the first glance I got of it. The fella wants a $100 firm it just seemed to rough for that money. I would rather pay $100 for a mint tank for my really nice 74 atc70 that I never rode since I owned it then get another project. If any one wants I`ll tell them where its at and they can get it. Thanks for the input though

brapp
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
does it run and woudl you be able to pick it up for me?

WaimakRydah
07-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Well I went to look at it today its a little rougher then the first glance I got of it. The fella wants a $100 firm it just seemed to rough for that money. I would rather pay $100 for a mint tank for my really nice 74 atc70 that I never rode since I owned it then get another project. If any one wants I`ll tell them where its at and they can get it. Thanks for the input though

you could offer him less... Worst he could say is no.

MO dx
07-10-2008, 02:29 PM
No idea if it runs. That was one of the things that turned me away. The pull rope is gone so you can`t even try to get it running. And I wasn`t going to try to push start it. And he said no on $75, its a $100 firm. I tried. I`m not sure when I`m going there agian to pick it up. Its not close to me

brapp
07-10-2008, 04:52 PM
where is it close to up my way or what? shoot me a pm or the guys info.

MO dx
07-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Sent you a PM

WaimakRydah
07-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I`m not sure when I`m going there agian to pick it up. Its not close to me

so did you get it?

KASEY
07-11-2008, 12:37 AM
dam guys thats a no brainer!!! just try to buy a pullstarter,,, or a carb,,,, i would buy it sight unseen ,,, $100 is cheap,,, hell if you don't have it BORROW IT you will make a few bucks and have some parts!!!