PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!! Nicest one of these You'll ever see.

atctim
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Well - Shelly and I finally picked up our last 3 wheeler needed for our collection to be complete (Actually we have one more to pick up - but we own it - right 200Xman ;) )

Anyway - we've been looking for one of these for a while now. And this one tops the cake - it is by far the nicest - un-restored OEM machine in our collection. And being a one year run - it really makes it even more special. It starts and runs flawlessly and everything about it is perfect. Very little scratches on the OEM plastic - OEM hand grips, tires, seat cover - everything. For a trike to be this old (28 years) and this nice of shape is just plain crazy.

Please take note - there is not 1 drop of armor all on this trike - it is just that shiny. We will be stream cleaning this beauty and putting her up.

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/185-1.jpg]

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/185-2.jpg

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/185-3.jpg

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/185-4.jpg

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/185-5.jpg

johnny's X
07-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Well now we need an up to date collection photo out in the yard

atctim
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Hopefully next weekend - I can pick up the last trike in our collection - then we will do it. Was gonna take some pics yesterday - but figured I would wait till they are all together. I am like a little kid on Christmas.

brapp
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
bring it out to pennsyltucky we got some mud and i am courious how well it will float int he pond?

Brockey
07-08-2008, 03:26 PM
That thing is clean. What makes this a one year run tho? I dunno is why I ask, I am not doubting you atall. I noticed the stickers on the tank are different than most.

oscarmayer
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
SWEET dude!
how much did she run ya? there's a guy sellign one locally ehre for liek $1800 a 185s with like 2 hours if riding time on it. he was in a show room the whole life. even the exhaust is not rusty 1 bit. i was completely impressed, but $1800 was a bit outta my range.

dirtface
07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
It was the only year with the "BIG" round headlight. It was the only year that the atc185 was orange. Not completely positive, but I think it was the only year of atc185 that came from the factory with 9" rims. It is the only year that it was a atc185 and not a 185s (I'm not sure why). That's all that I can think of at this moment. Tim or someone else can add to this list.:lol: :beer

atctim
07-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Well - it was a one year model just like the ATC200ES was a one year run - there are no other years that this particular model was available. 1980 only.

tecat-z
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Two piece rear fenders......... Very unique machines. I had a very nice one for a short while and brought it to TF 05. Won first place in the most original trike class. Sadly i sold it shortly after to a co-worker that just had to have it. He still has it and runs good as ever! I have some nice pics of it somewhere that i'll try and post. Still have the trophy though! Nice bike Tim!!!!!!!

tri-Z ripper
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
WOW WOW WOW NICE AND CLEAN FOR SURE DROOL all over my keyboard now!!

Russell 350X
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Nice, nice, nice.:beer :beer

WaimakRydah
07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
thats beautiful most of the 185s i see are hammered or being parted out.

ATCwithdrawals
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
It was the only year with the "BIG" round headlight. It was the only year that the atc185 was orange. Not completely positive, but I think it was the only year of atc185 that came from the factory with 9" rims. It is the only year that it was a atc185 and not a 185s (I'm not sure why). That's all that I can think of at this moment. Tim or someone else can add to this list.:lol: :beer

I beleive that 's the only year that come with 25" tires

200xman
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Looking good Tim. Saturday looks good too since I really need to blow off some steam and a good ride should do the trick. Congrats on the new addition.

Dirtcrasher
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
WOW!! - That really is super nice, clean and original - NICE FIND!!

350Xhilaration
07-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Looks great Tim!!

I thought it was the one Ed brought to TF 05 when I saw it, then I read Ed's reply ;)

Not my style, but I love the OEM condition.

sandpuppi101
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Wow that machine is tite for sure..I've seen a few of those around up here but not to that kinda quality.I see quite a few of the 200's ,but not the 185's.You know I'm licking my chop's on that one .Oh',I guess since that complete's your collection you'll never be getting new trike's now,ahe??? LOL..

3Razors
07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Primo shape, does it still have the original "Wamuless" tires?

225DX DUDE
07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
That is one VERY clean machine!!! Take good care of her.:drool:

atctim
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Primo shape, does it still have the original "Wamuless" tires?

Yes, the WAter, MUd, LAnd, Sand, and Snow (wamulass) tires are still one it - and show no signs of wear of weather checking. Only thing that sux is that the rears have been over-inflated, and now measure 28" tall. They are monsters. No worries about taking care of this bugger - it will get riden a few times a year around the yard to keep it functioning - that is about it.

Wow that machine is tite for sure..I've seen a few of those around up here but not to that kinda quality.I see quite a few of the 200's ,but not the 185's.You know I'm licking my chop's on that one .Oh',I guess since that complete's your collection you'll never be getting new trike's now,ahe??? LOL..

Truth be known - I am out of space (and have been for the past 2 years)- Let's just say - my trike purchasing will be slowed down considerably - LOL. Now I need to really focus on getting some of my other ones looking really nice and OEM. about 3/4 of my machines are ready to ride - but a few need some serious work. I can say that all of them run and ride though - so that is a good start. As mentioned above - problem is now this - I have to spend money on a big garage extension before I put any more money into the bikes. they are slammed into the garage like sardines - not leaving me much room to work on them. I am thinking of building a pole style building with a wooden floor - rather than concrete to help the "moisture" problem we face here in the humid PA climate. Seems like the concrete holds the moisture - and transfers up to the trikes - thus creating rust=BAD!!!!!

Stay tuned for more pics this coming weekend.

Taiser
07-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Very, very nice..that model was my first trike. Bought it used in 1982 and it still did not look ANYWHERE near this kind of condition! Sweet!

The Goat
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
it's humid up in PA?

when we went up there it felt like heaven it was so dry. lol.

Kintore
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Dont touch anything tim, ill be down next weekend to help a brother out

I got 2 surprises for ya as well

HINT- They both come from the ground :)