PDA

View Full Version : MX Tri-Z250 (Pics)

atcriderhc
07-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Long time viewer, first time poster. I wanted to share my MX Tri-Z which has been a lot of work, took a lot of time and money. Some ideas I got from the forum, others my brother and I came up with. I am still working on dialing it in and getting the bugs worked out. Some of the goodies include:

2004 yz250 forks setup by MX tech
Honda rear axle and brakes (round type carrier)
Pro Circuit YZ250 pipe and centermount silencer
Ported YZ250 powervalve cylinder

Custom fabricated triple clamps
Sheetmetal gas tank relocated
Stainless steel foot pegs
Custom number plates
and so on......

Questions, comments?

http://s311.photobucket.com/albums/kk443/atcriderhc/Tri-Z/

atcriderhc
07-05-2008, 05:11 PM
hyperlink for pics

http://s311.photobucket.com/albums/kk443/atcriderhc/Tri-Z/

chris200x
07-05-2008, 05:17 PM
:welcome:

Dayum dude!!:eek: where you been hiding? That's one of the nicest Z's I've seen on here in a while.:drool: :TrikesOwn

You make those pegs and tank yourself?

Dirtcrasher
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I likey, ALLOT!!

Welcome to the 3Wheeler KINGDOM!!

We love seeing mods and conversions...........

How and or who made the tripple clamps?

Does it turn and run in a straight line well??

How do those forks absorb the impact? Allot of guys didn't seem to be able to dial in MX forks for the added ATC weight.

IrvSLedman
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Holy Snikeys! thats one sweet Z, Very nice dude,

Billy Golightly
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow! Very nice machine and work, love the inverts on the front. Looks like you machined new ends for the forks and welded onto part of the old trees? Turned out really well! Pipe is awesome, looks like you made 2 cuts and twisted it, could you elaborate on that one a bit more for everyone? Looks like the fit is perfect, very nice center mount silencer for it too. Nice idea on the rear too, Did you turn that carrier housing or get one from JJ&A Racing? Those pegs are beefy as hell too, I like how you made them with the round rod going all the way through for additional support.

Overall I gotta say that is a very fine build you have there with lots of custom parts, thats what I like to see.

atcriderhc
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the comments and questions.

Tripleclamps were machined to accept machined clamping blocks and welded to stock triple clamps.
Bike handles well. Turns well and runs straight. I am still dialing in front forks. Forks have custom springs wound for additonal weight of three wheeler. MX tech was very helpful with the forks.
Pipe was cut, rotated and rewelded to make work. Once in front and once by the stinger.
The bearing carrier housing was purchased and we welded to stock swingarm.
Footpegs were our design. We had flat laser cut and formed.

Luckily we access to machine shop to help out.

Mosh
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Very nice build.Very nice.
Damn near,if not, about the nicest custom Z build.
How did you get the coolhead to seal to the yz topend?
What other custom parts have you used?

edog
07-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Wholly frikin molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock!!!!!

The Tri Z of my dreams is here.lol

Is it for sale?:naughty:

Brockey
07-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Ya that is one nice machine you got there. Looks good. I wish I had a set of those pegs they are awesome.

Black86tri-z
07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
very nice i like it alot

Eric250R
07-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Wow, :welcome: to the site. And that's a hell of a way to make an entrance.:beer

njeffery
07-06-2008, 01:34 AM
What kind of gas tank did you use????

Red Rider
07-06-2008, 03:38 AM
Nice job on the Tri-Z there hc!

tecat-z
07-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Very, very nice bike!!! Great focus on intended use. Looks like a purpose built MX missile. I love it, and is one of the nicest Z's yet. Is the cylinder a 24y straight bell? Have you fired it yet?

clutchcargo
07-06-2008, 10:06 AM
First off, Nice work!
Secondly, you're in Hickory Hills? I'm over in the Lagrange area. Where do you usually ride?

atcriderhc
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the interest in my bike, its nice that there are people who appreciate it, wife sure doesn't. To answer some of the ?s, I had trouble getting the head to seal, a little hondabond especially around the studs seems to have taken care of the problem so far. The gas tank is made from sheetmetal after I made a model one from posterboard, it has a 400ex fuel petcock on the outlet and the inlet was machined to fit a 250r cap which i had a extra . As for what type of cylinder, all I can tell you is its an 85yz250 not sure what a straight bell etc. is

johnny's X
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
nice build without a doubt. If you have some build pics of the it would be nice to see them. It needs to be in the custom build section for sure