PDA

View Full Version : got x today, 70 on sunday

devilman
07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
guy i got this from claimed it was a barn find by his buddy. ???? it looks pretty original to me(minus the painted plastic tank:eek: ) . its got everything on it. i have the shrouds, but i need the bolts for them, he lost them. anyway he wreck his truck and needed cash. this dude was so sad, he only had it for a couple months. i tried to clean her up alittle bit. not a bad find i think. runs great too. i just have to get use to the clutch.

the 70 is awaiting a new tank and airfilter. the original tank is rusted. so i had to make me a gas tank. hmmm... gatorade bottle, fuel lines and some epoxy. worked great. spun her around the yard for a bit.

devilman
07-01-2008, 03:57 PM
i have a question, my tecate(since no one whats it cause it doesn't run)
would the twist throttle and carb work on the X? i don't want to pull it off to find out, then someone what the thing.

DeePa
07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
tecates used mikuni carbs, hondas larger bikes used keihin. I dont think it would work without getting a different cable that works with your twist throttle and the keihin carb

TravEX
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
They look good. Any full pics of the X?

i58829
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
That thing is nice no wonder you gave up on the Tri-Z's. It's always nice to find one that runs/rides so you can at least jump on it every once in a while while you modify it to your liking...