PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running an ASV Cannondale front masters??

Dirtcrasher
06-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, I know a few of us hopped on the Cannondale new parts wagon a few years back when the project got axed. I wish I bought 10 of those friggin master cylinders, I think they were 35$ new, I bought 4 of them......

Anyhow, I have a couple of pro series clutch lever assemblies but nothing on the brakes. I emailed them and they said they never made them for the cannondale and I assume thats because the quads were only made a year or so.

But, I wonder if they are just like a Honda master in terms of mounting of the lever or whats up?

Has anyone running the Cannondale front masters found that a particular ASV lever will or will not work or if they could be modded? I may just have to dump 50$ on one to figure it out for us......

DAM, I wish I bought more of those!! AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Friggin stock used Honda ones are all junk.

You guys find a cheap front master that can be rebuilt and use an ASV? Maybe just a CR250 or CRF??

Thanks for any help kids! Adios........

Billy Golightly
06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I bought a few of the cannondale ones too, all in use now. You can get a trx450R, YFZ450, 400ex, etc. Mastercylinder for the front, I'm sure ASV makes levers for all of those. If you get a recent one you might have the brake light switch made into it, I know some of the older ones I picked up (Like from first year models) didn't and actually were not that different looking from the originals.

honda250sx
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I picked up a YFZ450 one and run there brake lever. Tons of stopping power and one sick looking lever

willrideanythin
06-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Im ordered an LTZ400 front brake set up for my 200X. ASV sponsors me so I have some ASV levers for the DVX400 (same as the LTZ400) floating around.JUst about any modern sport machine should do the trick.

Dirtcrasher
06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Im ordered an LTZ400 front brake set up for my 200X. ASV sponsors me so I have some ASV levers for the DVX400 (same as the LTZ400) floating around.JUst about any modern sport machine should do the trick.

Any idea what those masters cost new?? or the other ones some of you guys mentioned? Jeff, whats your cost on one of those puppies new?? :naughty:

I looked up the 450R master and it's 70$ new, not too bad at all. Then an ASV for about 30$ so I'm looking at a 100$ setup that would be pretty trick.

I still want to look into getting an ASV on the cannondale though.... Mine are all brand new so it would be a shame to waste them and I really like the ASV levers.

willrideanythin
06-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Any idea what those masters cost new?? or the other ones some of you guys mentioned? Jeff, whats your cost on one of those puppies new?? :naughty:

I looked up the 450R master and it's 70$ new, not too bad at all. Then an ASV for about 30$ so I'm looking at a 100$ setup that would be pretty trick.

I still want to look into getting an ASV on the cannondale though.... Mine are all brand new so it would be a shame to waste them and I really like the ASV levers.

Sorry, I dont know the new cost. I bought mine used. Any reason you need new?

Dirtcrasher
06-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Sorry, I dont know the new cost. I bought mine used. Any reason you need new?

Not really, it's just that brakes can be a real pain to bleed etc and I like to have afresh master. If a rebuild kit costs me 30$, an hours time and 30$ for the part itself - I already spent more than a new one.

Besides, I just love to spread new parts all around the house for me to glare at :lol: There isn't much better than that, except my hot neighbor :naughty:

tri-Z ripper
06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
thats pretty funny about spreading new parts around im guilty of the same thing living room, kitchen, shop everywhere i bet a universal quad asv will work that is my guess you should just send an e-mail to asvinventions and ask them directly thats my 2 Cents

willrideanythin
06-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I know the LTz400 front brake lever comes with Honda and suzuki bushings in the package.