PDA

View Full Version : idea rollin in my head, question question question

scooterroo
06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
well i have another atc 70 roller sitting in back of the garage, and i have been sitting here thinking of what to do with it. i already have my kids atc70 almost done, and thats gonna be a totally stock resto on it. the kid loves it already and cant wait for it to be done. the only thing he wants is it to be green like daddies 2 t-3's. well i dont feel like changing anything on the one 70 thats almost done. so i have an idea rolling around in my head, to make him a kawi powered mini trike. paint it up with the same color scheme as my 85/86 t'3s. white frame, green fenders, blue highlights, etc. well what i am wondering is if the kawasaki klx110 motor would bolt into the 70 frame. i have done some picture comparisons, and from what i can see they look alot alike where they mount up. does anyone know anything about the klx motor, and if so, can you get me some better pics of the bike, like where the motor mounts and all. arent these motors alot like the rest of the pitbike motors? anyways, just an i dea i think would be different and the kid would like. instead of calling it a kxt70, i will be calling it a kft70, cuz it is going to be a 4 poke, thanks for the help guys.

edog
06-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybee the klx 110 will swap into the 70 frame.The head is going to hit the front fender.I am almost shure that it will.

oscarmayer
06-26-2008, 05:05 PM
why not just repaint it the same colors? i doubt he cares what motor is in it. looks is what he wants not really the motor or power. besides too mucyh at his young age may not be a good thing . he could get hurt easier.

BigGreenMachine
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
why not just repaint it the same colors? i doubt he cares what motor is in it. looks is what he wants not really the motor or power. besides too mucyh at his young age may not be a good thing . he could get hurt easier.

Thats what throttle limiting screws are for. I bet the kids aren't going to be the only one riding it.

dizasterzrfun69
06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
why not buy/build a kx60 or kx80 conversion? you might have trouble locating one but i can get you some tripples made up by having mine duplicated. the rear end is the dirtbike swinger with a few mods and it looks like go cart axle, brakes, etc... The frame, forks, tank, seat, and shrouds are all kx80 also. just an idea.....